PDA

View Full Version : Brand new

Kerikins
22-09-09, 20:26
New to the forums...

Lived with anxiety/depression since I was 18, I'm 36 now.

Currently taking Citalopram, Clonezapam (Klonopin USA name) and propranolol for depression/panic.

Having a rough patch in coping, checked my previous chat room to find it was gone! Googled panic/anxiety and located this site.

I love the Citalopram Survival Guide (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980) written by PsychoPoet. I am more than likely going to be reading it many many times over the next few days, as I altered my dosage and initiated feeling like death rather unwittingly. Last week I halved my dosage from 40mg to 20mg and then missed 2/3 days because I figured I could stop. What a mistake. Ironically I was altering my dosage because I felt better.... and I've ended up making myself worse. :(

So today my meds are coming.. regular dosage, which I won't go up immediately. I consulted the pharmacist and admitted my error and begged for help. I was advised to take 20mg for the next week and then increase to 30mg for another week and then 40mg for the last. But I may go slower than that.. I'm not sure... I was advised to see how I feel.

Ice water is my best friend at the moment, and I'm hoping my Clonezapam will take the edge off my withdrawal symptoms.

Good to be here and thanks for the great guide on Citalopram.

~Keri
vbmenu_register("postmenu_481033", true);

marchant
23-09-09, 16:54
Hi

And welcome to the forum.

Like you my anxiety and panic started about the age of 18, coped with it for over 30 years now.

I am sure you will get help, support and advice from the forum.

Steve :)

Fran74
23-09-09, 17:06
Welcome-:) You will find support onnthis site ..it is a good place to be when you r feelind down or anxious ...i have been suffering since i was in my early twenties i am now 34 and still struggling with anxiety /panic attacks but hoping one day i will be my old self ....
Speak to you soon
F

Kerikins
28-09-09, 00:19
Thanks... still working on feeling better from my own error in trying to withdraw off meds too fast... it's posted in the Citalopram forum for anyone who wants to read the whole story....

Trying to post daily updates on my progress... just so if anyone else is going thru the same thing... hopefully my error will help someone else who might be suffering.

Thanks everyone for your kind words :)