PDA

View Full Version : Everyone read

justamess
28-10-05, 01:40
Thought this might help you all.......

1. It does not matter if you feel frightend,unreal, unsteady. these feelings are nothing more then an exaggeration of the normal bodily reactions to stress.

2. Just because you have these sensations doesnt mean you are sick. These feelings are just unpleasent and frightning, not dangerous. Nothing worse will happen to you.

3. Let your feelings come. Theyve been in charge of you. Youve been pumping them up and making them more acute. Stop pumping. dont run away from panic. When you feel panic mount, take a deep breath and as you breathe out , let go. Keep trying. Dont fight the panic, accept it. You can do it!

4. Stop adding to your panic with frightening thought about what is happening to you and where it might lead. Dont indulge in self pitty and think.."why cant i be like normal people?" "why do i have to go through all this?" Just accept what is happening to you. What you fear most will not happen.

5. Think about what is really happening to your body at this moment. Do not think "something terrible is going to happen" I must get out! Repeat to yourself "I will not fall, faint, die or lose control"

6. Now wait and give the fear time to pass. Do not run away, others have found the strength . You will too!! Notice as you stop adding the frightening thoughts to your panic, the fear starts to fade away by itself.

7.This is your oppurtunity to practice. Think of it this way. Even if you feel isolated in space one of these days you will not feel this way. Sometime soon you will be able to get through the panic and say " i did it!!"once you say this you have gone a long way in conquering fear. Think about the progress you have made. You are in the situation.

8. Try to distract yourself from what is going on inside you. Look at the surroundings. See the other people in the street or on the bus, they are with you NOT against you.

9. When the panic subsides, let your body loose, take a deap breath, and go on with your day. Remember each day you cope with a panic, you reduce the fear.

Print this out and read it when you start an attack coming on. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope this passes for all of us soon!!!!!

vernon
28-10-05, 09:41
Thanks just. Take care. Vernon

Dan
28-10-05, 11:46
thanks for that just will print and keep
danx

pips
28-10-05, 15:38
Thanks for that very true!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X