PDA

View Full Version : so angry at myself - ruined my brain and life!

randomworry
22-09-09, 23:09
In July i was taken painkillers for mild headaches (i.e most people wouldnt treat them) but i didnt want any kind of headache! because of this i took painkillers on about 7 days of the month- which is way too much!

since then ive got rebound headaches and am scared it will not ever end - ive probably messed up my brain and will suffer from chronic daily headaches for ages!

dont know what the hell to do- dont know why i do these stupid things. if i had known about rebound headaches i wouldnt have self medicated at all!

anyone been through this?

nomorepanic
22-09-09, 23:12
What painkillers?

7 days a month is not a lot.

randomworry
22-09-09, 23:18
i know it may not sound a lot but it may have been more i wasnt counting i think it was 7! and i definately got rebounds because when i stopped the headaches got much worse and only now after 2 months are getting better!

i really hope painkillers dont permanently damage the brains ability to prevent headaches!

randomworry
22-09-09, 23:20
it was paracetamol , cocodamol and some antiinflammatory the doctor gave me to get rid of headaches for good! but the antinflammotory gave me a worse headache!

ashlynyoyohelp
22-09-09, 23:53
i think you'll be fine... you have seen your GP for this, yes?

randomworry
23-09-09, 00:21
GP has sent me to neurologist for october

sarah jayne
23-09-09, 08:39
7 days in a month isnt long at all. Ive been on cocodamols everyday for almost 2 years due to a neck injury. Ive recently started with awful headaches now im wondering if thats why...