PDA

View Full Version : extreme tingling throughout body

mattc15
23-09-09, 03:01
ok this has happened to me several times now. Usually a day after drinking quite a bit of beer this happens. today i was driving a long drive which i was nervous about anyways. all of the sudden on the way there i started feeling tingling. the more i thought about it the worse it got until it got so bad that i was tingling everywhere very intensely and couldnt move my fingers. i splashed water on my face parked my car and almost called 911 then i layed down and it slowly went away. this worries me very much but i was told that it could be anxiety/panic. im worried its a health related issue though. anyone else ever experience this?

janni
23-09-09, 07:15
yea with numbness too i get told its anxiety and my psychiatrist says the tingling is due to hyperventilation which we do when we are anxious next time try breathin into a paper bag and see if it helps this helps to restore they balance between what we breathe in and out, i just read your reply to my post and since you never been to docs maybe you should pop along just to have a chat about this, he may be able to prescrible you something to relieve the anxiety thanks for replyin to my post also

keleb0709
23-09-09, 08:09
Yup. I get that and might i add you do realise it is you that makes it happen? Some bodily sensations actually begin through you thinking about them! I bet if you sit there right now and imagine you have a weakness in your arm it will become so weak you wont be able to use it!!! I'm serious. My PA's usually begin with this feeling but if you have no fear it will disappear immediately :)