PDA

View Full Version : hello

kimmy
28-10-05, 13:04
hello im back, i had a nasty electric shock a few weeks ago and since then i feel anxious again. i feel low today and very tired but i am due on too. i feel really spaced out, tired snappy, shaky, the good old symptoms but i cant seem to stop worrying, ive been worrying for a while wether to come on here or not which is silly. i feel really tearfull too. im worrying about worrying and its getting me down today. help

mazz
28-10-05, 13:14
hi kimmy , sorry to hear your feeling so bad , sounds like the shock did,nt help. dont forget if your due on the ****** hormones will be playing havoc with your mood. iam like it too ,but try to stay positive . we all have bad days so try and stop the worry mate luv mazz x

westyjim
28-10-05, 14:20
Kimmy,

I have been suffering for just over a year but this site has really helped me I still have terrible churning butterflies in my stomach which I can't get rid of but I do not feel alone now and perhaps by reading other's experiances will get better.

Meg gives good advice on welcome forum and don't try to get better all at once one simple step at a time and be proud of any success which will equal positive energy .

I know easier said then done but thats what we gotta do,

Westy

kimmy
28-10-05, 14:20
HELLO MAZZ, THANKS VERY MUCH. MY BOYFRIEND CAME HOME FOR LUNCH AND WE HAD A CHAT AND I HAD A BIT OF A CRY.

FEEL A BIT BETTER NOW.

I JUST GET SO SCARED OF IT ALL COMING BACK, I REMEMBER FOR A LONG WHILE BEORE MY FIRST EVER PANIC, I WAS SOOO TIRED ALL THE TIME. I THINK TODAY BECAUSE I FELT SO ANXIOUS IVE PRESUMED THE WORST AND I GOT ALL CAUGHT UP IN MYSELF.

ITS HALF TERM THIS WEEK AND ITS ME AND THE KIDS AND NOT ALOT OF ADULT CONVERSATION AND I JUST GOT CAUGHT UP IN MY THAUGHTS. IVE BEEN READING BOOKS THIS WEEK ABOUT PANCIS AND STRESS AND THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING ON MY MIND XXXX:D

MY BIGGEST FEAR IS HAVING A BREAKDOWN AND A BOOK I READ SAID THAT EVENTUALLY AL THE NEGATIVE THINKING COULD RESULT IN THIS. THIS SCARED ME TO DEATH.[Oops!]

Tan The Man
28-10-05, 14:22
Hi Kimmy

It seems that worryiny about worrying is really getting you down. Do something to take your mind of your worries, put on one of your favourite movies, read a book or talk to someone. This should help you get your mind of your worries and before you know it you'll be feeling better. :D

Take Care
Tan

kimmy
28-10-05, 14:49
THANKS EVERY1, IVE HAD PANICS FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW, BUT I THAUGHT IT HAD GONE! BUT AFTER HAVING THAT SHOCK I HAD SOME PALPATATIONS AND I JUST THAUGHT THE WORST!!!

WORRYING ABOUT WORRYING IS MY BIGGEST PROBLEM, I THINK IT WILL STEM TO SOMETHING WORSE, SO IM BEING VIGILANT ABOUT IT, KEEPING MY GUARD UP. DAFT I KNOW.

THE MOST SCARY/CONFUSSING THING IS I KNOW HOW TO CALM MY PANICS AND MY TRIGGERS. I AM MY TRIGGER, YET I STRUGGLE TO STOP IT AND MOST OF ALL JUST LETTING GO OF THE PANICS. THAT PROBABLY DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

IN MY CHILDHOOD I HAD SO MANY THINGS GO ON, ALWAYS SOMETHING SOMEWHERE, WHAT EVER IT WAS. NOW AS AN ADULT MY LIFE IS SETTLED, I HAVE A NICE HOUSE, 2 GREAT KIDS AND A GEORGOUS BOYFRIEND, WHO IS A MAN IN A MILLION.

MY COUNSELLOR BELIVIES I PUT THE PANICS IN MY LIFE TO PUT THAT PAIN BACK INTO MY LIFE IM SO USED TO. DAFT I KNOW BUT ITS SO LOGICAL TO ME......I CAME TO TERMS WITH THAT BEFORE AND THE PANICS EASED AWAY AND GOT EASIER TO LIVE WITH.

NOW I JUST SEEM TO WORRY ABOUT STUFF AND ITS GETTING ME DOWN, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ANXIOUS BUT I JUST WORRY IT WILL GO TOO FAR.

IM SORRY IF I HAVE RAMBLED BUT I HAVENT BEEN HERE FOR SOOOOOO LONG.

THANKS KIM:D

rick
28-10-05, 16:33
Hi Kim

Sorry its rough for you, but you know it will get better, because it has before. Worrying abour worrying too much is something I've had to deal with, too. Sometimes, I think we may get tired of fighting the PA monster, especially when the weather turns gloomy, the news is bad, the kids are acting up....

As far as what you counselor said - It makes sense to me. I think sometimes our minds want to take us back to somplace that (for some reason) seems old and comfortable (ie: what we were used to) , though in reality it was horrible. (Did that make any sense?)

I know these are just words, but try to replace the anxiety with something else - a walk, movie, clean house, chase the neighbors cat (?), you know - that old distraction therapy. And, if you need to have a good cry, then just cry your eyes out. Remember, that is one of the safety valves mother nature put in for us!

Hang in there

Rick

PS - sorry about the electric shock! I am an electrican, and they can be a jolting experience (oops). Seriously, I have been bit so hard by electricity that I tasted copper for a few hours. Honestly! At work, when one of us gets zapped (which happens occasionally), we ALWAYS laugh about it, no matter how bad it hurt. It's an electricians ritual. If you can laugh, then it didn't kill you!

(Nobody ever said you had to be real smart to be an electrician....:D)

It is better to be a free bird than a captive king...

kimmy
28-10-05, 16:51
THE THING IS I DIDNT JUST GET A ZAAAPPPP!

I WAS STOOD THERE BEING SHAKEN, I DONT KNOW HOW LONG FOR, OBVIOUSLY NOT AGES , I CALLED FOR MY BOYFRIEND BUT WORD WERE BEING REPLAICED WITH "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" AND I CONSENTRATED A BOOTED THE WALL. IT WAS A FREEK ACCIDENT THATS ALL! [B)]

rick
28-10-05, 18:19
Once, I got into some high voltage the bad way... it went in my back, and blew out through my arm (literally). As I was hanging there, just absolutely getting the slobbers shocked out of me, I yelled at my helper, (an 18 year old, who was green as grass, just beginning his training), "Kick me loose!, Kick me Loose!...."

Finally, I fell away from the bare wire that had got me (it was in a dark recess, and I couldn't see it). As I sat there, smoke coming out of the little hole in my arm, and my arm twitching like crazy, I looked at him -he was standing there, eyes wide as saucers and mouth hanging open - and I said, "Didn't you hear me telling you to kick me away?"

He replied, "Man, all I heard was your teeth rattling!" :D

Soooo.... I understand! (tasted copper for three days after that!)

Take care!!!!

Rick

It is better to be a free bird than a captive king...