PDA

View Full Version : Chest spasms

michaelpakenham
23-09-09, 15:19
Hi

I suffer on and off from panic attacks. Problem is when I do have good days and relaxing in bed I get these awful spasms in my chest that wake me up just as I was sooooooo happy about being relaxed! Then of course the old adrenaline does it work and before I know it I am off again scurrying to the phone to yell to a Friend ' This is it! Heart Attack - the REAL ONE " :mad:

Well - I am still writing today arent I? Does anyone else have these awful chest pains that just hit them out of the blue?

Many thanks :-)

Michael:shades:

Meewah
24-09-09, 03:43
Michael

Sounds like anxiety symptoms to me. I find they come on when they know you are relaxed. I am diarising my days at the moment and one thing I have discovered is that on an evening I start feeling the chest aches and pains when all the family is at full kilt. As the evening rolls on they start to subside leaving me feeling agitated. Then about 7am in the morning I wake nicely and then I start to feel anxious and agitated followed by the dreaded chest tightness.

I would fill in a diary of what happens when as I feel you are so in the present moment you forget that these symptoms happen repeatedly and with certain triggers.

Also get the OK from the docs if you havn't already. You cant beat a professional giving you the OK.

Take Care

Mee

michaelpakenham
24-09-09, 08:48
Thanks for your reply!

I did get the ok from a GP - he says like you it's anxiety - different people's anxiety shows up differently at the end of the day - just exactly when they are relaxing! ( GREAT!)

I mean - I NEVER get these when driving a car ( the spasms I mean - but I do have that tight chest feeling), or walking etc - it's just at that moment when the body is about to drop off into sleep and then like a tightened elastic it suddenly goes - SNAP! The pain is excruciating!

I know that I have been under a lot of stress recently - changing country, job, financial worries etc - and I handle them well during the day ie - I try to rationalize these fears - but the body doesnt seem to want to follow! I am just trying to find a way to do this.

I should point out that I do smoke a lot and take NO exercise at this moment!

I am also on Oxazepam once a day whereas when living in France I was given Prazepam three times a day. My GP wants to take me of the medication at some stage but the problem is also that my anxiety has also worsened with this change in medication and you cannot get Prazepam in the UK!

Michael

Jamie_
24-09-09, 09:52
I got these the other night

Feels like your chest has just been untied from a knot, wouldn't say i was relaxed when it happened, was actually sitting up crouched over

Didn't phase me though, wasn't so much 'pain' as it was an 'oooh' moment plus it was on my right side, i never seem to panic when i get pain on the right of my chest, only centre and left worries me