PDA

View Full Version : Worried about the tablets the GP will prescribe ..anxiety kicking in

Fran74
23-09-09, 18:22
Hello
I have booked to go and see my doctor next Tuesday as my anxiety is sky high now.
Until few months ago i have been seeing a therapist and she helped me without the help of drugs although before moving to the Uk ( am from Rome originally) my italian doctor prescribed me xanax that helped. Everytime i go to Italy if i need i will buy some but i was hoping to have some prescribed by the uk doct but on a thread yesterday i read that in the Uk you can get xanax only private so I started worrying waht my gp will prescribe me ..will i like it ..whatside effect will it have ..i am going round and round and feel anxious. My appointment is next tuesday and i am trying to stop myself researching on the side effects of the possible drugs i will beprescribed.as you all know with anxiety it is easier to stick to what you r used to and the only two drugs i have taken are xanax and Lexotan and always felt good ... -:(

ElizabethJane
23-09-09, 18:29
I'm not sure about xanax but lexotan was discontinued in the UK in 2002. I'm sure your GP will be able to prescribe something else. Try not to worry too much about it.

Fran74
23-09-09, 18:47
Thank you -:)