PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know

dawnt
23-09-09, 18:54
I was wondering if any ladies who are going or have gone through the menopause could tell me if its normal to feel sick during a hot flush. I have only been having these for a few weeks, and only at night they wake me up. But I feel really sick. It is not mentioned any where that I can find and I am worried it may not be normal. Thank you, Dawn:D

ElizabethJane
23-09-09, 21:46
Dawn it doesn't sound normal but then it might be normal for you. I guess it is time to check with your GP? How long have you been having the hot flushes? I'm forty eight but not quite menopausal yet although I had TAH two years ago and kept my ovaries.

Anxious_gal
23-09-09, 22:03
my mum never felt sick either while having a hot flush. it's probably pretty normal, maybe as your doctor or look up a informative book on menopause as there's a lot a other symptoms people are unaware of

Maj
23-09-09, 23:50
Hi,

This could be normal for you - everyone's different. I know my mum said that when she had a flush she would feel palpitations during them. Maybe that's how your body reacts, with nausea. We're all different.
Regards
Myra:)

dawnt
24-09-09, 08:14
Thank you every one. I am going to the doctors later today as I was up again last night and actualy was sick, so hopefully doctor will be able to put my mind at rest.

dawnt
28-09-09, 18:58
:ohmy: Hi, went to see the doc and after an exam and my symptoms she thinks I have gall stones. So Im off for blood test on weds and waiting to have a liver scan. Glad I went thanks to your advice, so thank you all.:yesyes:

ElizabethJane
28-09-09, 19:21
Hi Dawn I'm sorry if you have gallstones. It would not be connected to the hot flushes at all. It might be an idea to see if there is anything natural that you can take to lessen their severity (with your doctors permission of course!)

dawnt
28-09-09, 19:28
Hi, Well the hot flushes was what made me think it was the menopause so I just left it. But according to my doctor when the gall bladder is inflamed it is very common to run a fever with feeling and or being sick. It is the intense temp that normaly wakes me then the pain and nausea start :) I have to follow a very low fat diet until I have my scan, then they will decide what they are going to do, oh happy days...