PDA

View Full Version : Freaked about my breast pain AGAIN :'( Yes..I googled :'( Still help please?

Wee-Mee
23-09-09, 21:39
Now I have convinced myself I have fibrocystic breasts and that I'm going to get breast cancer and I dunno what to do. A:For the pain. I am in AGONY all down my left arm and hand along with my left breast and armpit and B: it heightens cancer risks:(

Yes..I googled.

I have had too much caffeine today :@(

Anxious_gal
23-09-09, 22:01
were you doing any work that involved using your arm?
maybe you slept funny?
are you really in agonny? or is it just the anxiety that makes it seem worse?

Wee-Mee
23-09-09, 22:05
I have had a funny left arm for over a year along with the occasional breast pain and armpit.

I am due my period and I do get painful breasts but the left armpain and armpit etc get extrememely painful when I am due. So much so that I can hardly use my arm,it feels very weak to do anything with. Even to open a carton of milk!
But alas,I consulted with Dr Google and now I have these fibro thingies in my boobs which means I'm going to get cancer and the whole thing is kicking in now along qwith my pms-ing. :weep: :weep::(
xxxx

teez
23-09-09, 22:37
listen hun as someone whose got the dreaded bc,,its not as bad as you think,,ok no one wants it but more and more of us are surviving,,,i bet you havnt got it anyway,,,have you checked yourself for lumps,,if you have and its ok,,then calm down,,,also do you have an underwire bra on,,the wires can poke in the under arm area causing pain to the arm ,underarm and breast,,if your still worried get your doc to check you over or a well woman clinic,,x

Wee-Mee
24-09-09, 00:52
I'll think I will have to go to docs about it. But I am scared.

And right now in agony. Is there anything I can do or take to relieve it? Painkillers don't seem to help. :'(

Coni
24-09-09, 18:52
Hi, I think you should go to your GP....but only to get checked out and for ressurance, not because I think theres anything wrong...I think any symptoms which are worrying you, particularly with your breast should be checked.

I also get really painful breasts premenstrually and the left one is also particularly bad, right up to my underarm....I did the whole panic thing too but there was nothing to be found, so now I just think it must probably be hormonal, though why one breast more than the other I dont know..

I know youve probably tried it but evening primrose oil is supposed to be very good for breast pain and take some simple painkillers like paracetamol and maybe some ibuprofen.

In the meantime though make an appointment to see your GP just for a quick check...and can you let me know what he/she says please?

Coni XX