PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a low

tulip123
28-10-05, 18:48
I'm feeling bad this evening. I felt the anxiety cycle start again over the last couple of days and this evening I'm feeling very low. It all started with an argument with my locum doctor (who dosen't know me) and wanted me to take prozac. Which I didn't want to. He didn't give me much to hope for. He told me that most people with depression on meds have to take them for most of their life. I told him I wasn't depress, but suffering from anxiety - then he lost his temper and checked me for even discussing what he suggested. I had been doing so well over the month and being a sensative person, it has set me back a bit. In the end I insisted he reduced my dose on what I was on. It has affected me in such a way, I'm starting to wonder if I have done the right thing. I feel like I'm down the endless tunnel or a headless chicken. One or the other. I need to talk to my regular doctor but he never seems to be around.

Needed to get this off my chest.

Tulip

JonParr
28-10-05, 18:58
Hey Tulip

From discussions I've had with various friends, some with depression, and some with general anxiety, it does seem that it is varied on doctors views on it, and the treatment to take.

I was lucky with mine, when I had my first panic attack New Years' eve last year, he ran ECG which was fine and pinpointed it straight away and put me on Beta Blockers just to bring the heart rate down and take the edge off.

Like you said, it sounds like you need to talk to your usual doctor, or at least a different one to get a second opinion. I have read/heard that totally cutting out meds can be a bad thing, but I have a friend who was on prozac for his depression and found gradual dose reduction OK.

Anyway, try not to get down about the visit to the docs. How were you feeling before the visit? You say the cycle starting...what sort of symptoms.

Be good to yourself and take it easy - try to get back on an even keel.

Try to keep chin up.

Cheers

Jon

* Stop the world - I wanna get off *

tulip123
28-10-05, 19:30
I was feeling a lot better until I saw the doctor, then I felt forced into a corner with no sound advice. He was getting all his info from a computer (not a good sign he knows what he is doing).

Symptoms - Obessive thoughts that won't go away. They are hard to get rid of. Sometimes they can make feel defensless. I hardly understand them myself and I don't try to. Perhaps in a nut shell, a fear of insanity but can be more complex than that. It ends up effecting everything else when bad.

I've reduced my dose for the last couple of days (only by one pill out of three) so that hasn't kicked in yet.

I'm also taking antibotics for my teeth which insn't helping, giving me headaches.

Tulip