PDA

View Full Version : im a reck

panicchick
24-09-09, 05:06
hello everyone im new to this site but hpefully can find people who know how im feeling without thinking im weird. a little about myself my name is jessica and i live in kansas i have had panic attacks since i was 16 and they don't seem to be getting any better infact my new thing is im afraid to leave the house i don't understand how it can keep getting worse i know everyone around me is getting fed up with excuses asto why i don't wanna get out infact im getting fed up as well i hope someone can help me get over this and feel safe getting out im only 24 and my weekends are so boring i stay home and watch hbo! someone please help me!!!

Rod
24-09-09, 07:51
It seems like the stress of having to make up excuses is adding to the panic. Tell your family and friends what is happening I am sure they will be more supportive if they understand.
It can keep getting worse when you allow the area in which you may feel comfortable to get smaller and smaller. eg from local shops, to end of street, to house.
Maybe start out again with some small outings with your closest friend or family member and go in the knowlegde that if you need to you can go home early.
But if you do start to panic while out dont rush home straight away just try and see it through, go slowly, breath, try to relax. It will pass.
Remember its not the place that causes the panic its your reaction.
I know it wont be easy, I am going through the process myself and everyday has a challenge, but over time it does get a bit easier.

Occy
24-09-09, 08:40
Hi PanicChick,

Rest assured you are not going mad and you will recover in time.

Time is the main thing to remember - you can't rush or force recovery.

You must tell people how you feel, it's amazing how many people have similar (if not as troublesome) symptoms as you.

Also confiding in people you care about brings on it's own feelings of relief / release - it seems to take the pressure off a bit.

I first had panic attacks in my twenties and thought my life was over as I thought I could necer deal with life again.

I'm now in my EARLY 40's , married with three kids and a mortgage that's killing me (the mortgage - not the kids).

I still have bad days if I don't look after myself and take on too much but those days don't bother me too much.

Remember, knowledge is your first defence - learn all you can.

Keep The Faith

All the best,

Occy:doh:

panicchick
24-09-09, 08:46
thank you both so much im trying really hard to get out everyday i have been to big lots everyday this week soon i hope to take on walmart!!