PDA

View Full Version : night out prob

Dan
28-10-05, 19:41
hi all
i no i mentioned this before in another topic but i am really worrying about a hen night in two weeks the problem is we are travelling together so i will have to wait for the rest if i want to go home i have agreed to chip in for the transport £25 so dont want to end up driving plus its a limo so it will be fun ( if a bit tacky) i dont drink much anymore as it frightens me (the thought of it ) but really wont to go and let my hair down yet its a constant worry shall i back out now and let them keep money , dont want to make them short
plus these are work friends who no abit about my probs but dont want to spoil it for any one sorry if boring just dont no what to do
dan

carlin
28-10-05, 20:30
Hi Dan
Sorry you are worrying right now, try not to back out of the hen night, you really sound as if you are looking forward to it? You don't have to drink alcohol to have fun, and you mentioned that some of the people you are going with understand what is happening with you, take all the back up equipment with you, (bottles of water etc) enjoy being driven about in a limo (it's not tacky)if you do need to 'escape' for a while, so be it, deep breathes, positive thoughts, and then back in for the next session, you will be fine and you will probably end up enjoying it!! That may not seem the case at the moment but it will happen. take care and keep in touch.

trac67
28-10-05, 22:48
Hi Dan,
Try not to think of the what if's about going out. Think positively about it, negative thoughts just make the anxiety worse.
You will find once you are there and having a good time you will forget about how worried you were.
Go and have a good time.
JFDI.. hun

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Dan
29-10-05, 00:03
thanks
it wasnt so bad when my mum said she will be on hand to pick me up ( just as back up) as it is nearer to where she lives but 45 mins from me and then she forgot and is visiting friends in sth yorks , we live nr london so she wont be able to now really think might back out but dont want to give in to panics and my strange brain
will see sorry this probably seems trivial to some
dan

Trev
29-10-05, 10:00
Hi Dan,

I recently had a stag do to go to and went through the same concerns as you. One extra problem for me was he'd decided to make use of cheap Easy Jet deals and go to Spain for the weekend which really added to my worries at the time!!!
I went in the end and did have a bit of a panic on the Sat night but I had a fantastic night Friday. I was just over tired and hungover on the Sat night so it was understandable.

I'm so glad I went. Firstly, for the extra bit of confidence now gained and secondly, because it was a close mate and I really would have been so gutted if I had missed his stag.

Go for it I reckon. Accept you may have a panic episode......but then again, you may not. [8D] Try to start looking at the good points of what will happen on the night and really focus on those. :D:D

Have a good one,
Cheers,
Trev

tammyg
29-10-05, 10:48
Hi Dan,

I agree with what has been said. It is hard to make decisions like this, particuarly where other people are involved. You have been given some great advice though of things to do if you panic.

I know everytime I decide to go out I always have that feeling of dread and worry but I still go and usually end up enjoying it.

You say you don't want to give in to panic, this is a great attitude! Go and have a lovely time.

Tammy x

kate
29-10-05, 12:26
or, alternatively, if you really don't want to go, then don't go!

I've forced myself to go to loads of things that I have been anxious about and hated every minute. It's entirely up to you, don't feel pressured by anyone.

Kate

april tones
29-10-05, 17:18
try not to worry! i had this other week! i had a panic attack when out. dont go out much or drink much but had p.a out of no where. i went to different pub, had a orange then was fine and carried on drinking! i was worried week after when we went out for bro in laws 18th but was fine felt bit anxious day after but not on night! it depends, have good night! think if you dont go you will regret it! only live once xxx

apriltones

Dan
29-10-05, 22:01
thanks all
am just so annoyed with myself that it plays on my mind
today my sister and i went out to watch footie in a pub and i had small PA and felt anxoius but stayed and enjoyed except arsenal equalised
had paranioa that drink might be spiked ( sad i no ) so left drink mind you it was flat lemonade so no lose. i think i wil decide next week but will try to be positve and go
cheers again
dan