PDA

View Full Version : counselling.......?

kazo
28-10-05, 19:55
Hi guys

I have been refered for counselling, I have only waited 2months and had a call today saying my counselling starts next tuesday and every week after.

That is good news but now I am panicking as I am scared to go. I dont know what to expect or what happens when you go. Do they ask you lots of questions? How do they help you etc. These are all things that are worrying me.

If any of you guys are having or had have counselling can you please tell me what happens in the meetings etc. This might put my mind at rest.

Thankyou karen xxxx

Buby
28-10-05, 20:15
hey Kazo,

Ive had counselling, but it didnt work for me. Thats not to say it wont work for you though because every1 is different.

In counselling, they dont ask too many questions but they do like to dig a bit just to find out whats bothering you just so they can help. There's no pressure and you only have to tell them what you feel comfortable with. They're evry reassuring and gentle.

I hope this settles you a bit and i hope it goes well for you.

Rachel xx

desperate
28-10-05, 22:23
Just try and go with an open mind is my suggestion!

Sometimes it's good just to talk to someone independant and let it all out!

Good luck for it!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

trac67
28-10-05, 22:36
Hi Karen,
They put you very at ease at councelling sessions, they don't push you into saying anything you don't want to, just remember they are trained in this and will expect you to be very nervous and anxious, if you are like me you will soon be chatting away to them like they are a long lost friend. Let us know how it goes for you.
Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'