PDA

View Full Version : Please help - desperate for advice

becky000
24-09-09, 17:56
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I suffer from health anxiety but also just general anxiety too.
My brother has been diagnosed with liver cancer. He is very ill and looks like he's dying before my eyes.
Because I'm so anxious about illness and because it's my brother and I don't want to lose him, I'm anxious about both things.
I feel like I'm dying with him. I'm suffering all his anxiety and pain and really can't cope with this. I can't bear to see what he's going through.
I want to be strong for him and his wife and be there to help and support them, but I'm falling to pieces. I can't sleep or eat and just keep on imagining how he must be feeling and then feeling it all myself on his behalf.
Can someone please help me to see sense and behave like a decent sister instead of being selfish and thinking of myself all the time.

PanicOver!!
24-09-09, 18:30
Hey dont beat yourself up you are bound to be upset he is your brother, he knows you love him and are there for him, you still have to take time out for yourself so you can deal with it. the fact you posted your feelings shows you are a decent sister,

Thinking of you x