PDA

View Full Version : Liver pain?

deadstarlinz
24-09-09, 19:13
I'm feeling a bit panicked. Well terrified to be honest. I'm now paranoid about getting cancer. And concerned about this pain on the right side under my rib cage, seemingly my liver (guessing anyway) It's a dull ache and been recurring for years, always getting worse everytime it does appear. So now I'm scared I've got like liver cancer or summat, or some other type of cancer. Or another life threatening condition.

I dont know how many people here start threads worrying about cancer, so I'm sorry, but if I talk about my fears to my partner, friends or family, they get really annoyed. I'm neurotic I know and dont think rationally at the best of times. It's just constant panic.

I guess I'm just looking for a bit of advice and some sort of reassurance that I'm not ill or dying.

trev1234
24-09-09, 19:58
dont worry to much ,but always best to get checked out ..i also get pain or ache around that area..i also drink to much on the night time..i find mostly its coz i drive using my right arm (always doing the work)..lots on here are worried the same as you..cancer cancer cancer..its all over tv ,radio,internet,etc..most of us worry about the same thing..we are almost brainwashed to worry bout it.it the 2009 we live in..u will find on here that lots of people get aches and pains and dread the worst..most times it nowt to worry bout..!! im worst than most !!

kazzie
24-09-09, 22:41
Its trapped wind!!!!

I promise you Ive had liver failure and it dident hurt!!!!

Try a fizzy drink and a good burp!!!

Kaz x:hugs:

Panic33
24-09-09, 22:45
It could be one of the muscles in between the rib cage. I've tweaked muscles in past and convinced myself I had liver or kidney failure. I ended up having bloods done - when they came back fine I forgot about them.

Jan63
24-09-09, 23:52
Yes I've also had this and seem to get it if I am worrying about anything. I went to the doctors with it and he felt around and said he couldn't feel my liver. He did some blood tests too which all came back normal so it's just my stupid anxiety again.:blush: The pain lasted a couple of weeks or so and I was convinced it was something nasty but I think it was just acid/trapped wind.

deadstarlinz
25-09-09, 00:04
trapped wind sounds plausible actually, cause well, excuse my crudeness but a good fart seems very appealiing to me right now lol I'll just have to wait til it wants to come out

AngelHeart
25-09-09, 14:31
I get this all the time too, had blood tests and scan and everything it fine. Dr thinks its reacurring muscle strain but I do find that I get it more after i've been to the toilet for a number 2 (lol) or if I need to go. Try not to worry and be reasurred that many suffer the same xxxxx