PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety related to my contraception??

Joellie
25-09-09, 08:14
I had a thought the other day that maybe my anxiety is to do with my Contraceptive implant. After all it is all about hormones and side effects of it can be depression and anxiety but that is supposed to be really uncommon.

Im debating whether to have it removed next wednesday, if i can hold out that long. It seems like a year away with the way im feeling at the moment.

I just dont want to get my hopes up to find that its nothign to do with that and im back to square one. But im also worried that my contraception is helping the anxiety and that when its removed i get even worse because the contraception was like a block against the worst of the anxiety.

I just hate that i get anxious, i talk about it and figure out that its not right and its just thinking for the worst trying to self destruct my relationship and then il feel so much better. But then once i start getting anxious again i have to do the whole process again to feel better. If getting this implant removed means i wont have to worry as much then bring it on!

kafebrown
25-09-09, 08:22
Ive been wondering exactly the same thing! Been considering having my Implanon removed. Be interesting to find out if anyone out there has made a link between anxiety and the implant. Good Luck! Angela x

Joellie
25-09-09, 08:28
Hey angela :) Yeah well if your worried, im going to have mine removed any way because of weight gain too so if it helps me a bit il post here and let you know.

Its wierd ive not had MUCH problem with it, no periods (or rarely), no pains etc the only thing is since ive had it in i think ive become more analytical and negative. Ive also gained 2 stone in 2 years and im curious to see if it affects my mood and my weight.

kafebrown
28-09-09, 20:19
Yeah, let me know how you get on! This is my second implant and I didnt have any problems with the first one but definately think my moods changed since having this one put in! Maybe its a coincidence............you never know! Hope you get it sorted out and all is well again! Good luck xx

Joellie
28-09-09, 20:55
Me too lol went ot the docs today got put on citalopram and they will ring me to make an appointment to have the implanon removed. I desperately hope this is the reason im feeling this way

pd
28-09-09, 23:40
I've had mine about 5 (?) months now, and it's been a bit of a nightmare, lots of iregular bleeding, a stone and a cup size gained, moody and generally a bit rubbish... about a month ago I went on the pill for 3 months to try to get the implant to settle down or whatever, apparently I'll come off the pill after 3 months and everything should be alright... or it's definately coming out!!

As to whether it's made the anxiety worse or not it's hard to say, my anxiety HAS got worse but there are lots of other factors that could have caused that. Definate mood changes though.

Never had these problems with depo *grumble grumble* :mad::mad::mad:

worrywort1977
29-09-09, 09:33
Hi Guys,

I am no Doctor but i definelty believe my anxiety shot through the roof when i was on Ovysmen contraceptive pill i did stop taking it and within afew days i did feel alot calmer although the anxiety obviously is still there, i do believe that it heightened my anxiety i did ask the Doc but she said that there hasnt been any tests done to say whether anxiety is hormone related (not sure if that is true or not). i also tried Implanon and could only stand it for 3 months and had to get it taken out as i was the same as you guys it was awful.

Keep Smiling
Worry:hugs:

Joellie
29-09-09, 09:57
YAy i have a date! its coming out the 6th october at 2.10 pm! Lol im actually excited because it might be something to settle my moods down. The nurse wasnt too impressed though when she asked what i planned to use instead of implanon. I said condoms as i want a chemical break from contraception to sort my body out and she was all "well they arent very effective!"

I dont see my boyfriend that often (for a weekend every 2 weeks) so we should be alright we will just have to make sure if the condom breaks get a morning after pill.

sarah jayne
06-11-09, 12:30
Ive had the implant since june and since then my anxiety has been really bad, ive got spots for the first time ever ( im 28 ) ive also been suffering awful daily headaches, im wondering if its the implant ? The funny thing is that since i had the implant put in i havent needed it because ive been too ill ! Im going to ask to have it removed.

maxine
06-11-09, 12:35
After two years of being panic free I had the contraceptive injection and not only did i gain loads of weight ( took years to get off lol) but my panic attacks and general anxiety went through the roof!
I lasted six month on it and couldn't deal with it anymore .. I now stick to condoms and my anxiety levels have came back down to managable levels.

Personally I would never in a million years touch another contraceptive implant / injection.

karen001
12-05-10, 14:23
Has anyone had the depo injection?got really bad headaches and boobs hurt and put weight on and panick attacks r bad,could this b the injection?