PDA

View Full Version : Omg I Just Googled,

rebeccad
25-09-09, 13:36
I have posted on here a few times and you guys are always brilliant. I have been to the docs this morning and i felt great afterwards. Stupidly when i got home i googled myclonic jerking as i always do this whilst falling asleep or relaxing, not just one or two jerks though my fingers or hands jump. Parkinsons and ms came up and im absolutley terrified. I did mention it to the doc but he didnt even comment, i think he just passes everything off on HA.
Do you think i should follow this up? i really dont know what to do.

Gazman
25-09-09, 13:49
So you have 1 symptom correct? And you think you have an MND of some sort?

I'm not a doctor but you would have more than just the 1 symptom, i saw the doc today thinking i have ms because of twitching and he said there would be different symptoms to go along with it.

He also told me to stop googling as it just adds to the symptoms and makes the symptoms you already have worse, so relax if the doctor was concerned he would of said something, if you are still worried, see another doctor for a 2nd opinion, but try to relax, especially before you go to bed.

Hope you relax - Gaz

rebeccad
25-09-09, 13:51
i also have twitching all over, and lots of other little things including wet or prickly patches on my skin. I actually felt better after going but am now back to square 1.

Mamfa85
25-09-09, 13:52
Gaz is right one symptom is not enough and i twitch all the time esp at bedtime when im relaxing my muscles,go back to the doctor to check but i am sure you are fine,plz dont google its worst case everytime
tc xx

Gazman
25-09-09, 14:12
if you move the twitching part of your body does it stop?

If you had ms you would twitch all the time none stop and it's usually only in 1 part of your body and spreads from there, you would also have ACTUAL muscle loss, like can't pick up a cup or lift your foot off the floor etc, it could be also b benign fascultation syndrome, i urge u to read the ALS thread.

As for parkinsons, you would have pretty bad tremors.

And of course everything you suffer from is caused by anxiety, so what d'ya reckon? The doc thinks your ok, you suffer from the same things alot of ppl on here do, and u know u suffer from some form of anxiety.

Or d'ya really think it's ms or parkinsons?

Relax i think ur ok - Gaz

MoonlightFire
25-09-09, 14:15
I twitch as I'm falling asleep and so does my boyfriend. I remember seeing it on House once lol...his explanation was that as you fall asleep you body sometimes misinterprets sleep as the body totally closing down (it isn't though) and it gives you a quick jolt to 'start you up' again! I think it's pretty normal.

PanicOver!!
25-09-09, 14:31
:bansign: WARNING doctor Googleis BAD for your health :ban:

rebeccad
26-09-09, 08:46
i feel very dissapointed in myself for giving in a googling yesterday. thanks everyone for your replysx

AndyB07
26-09-09, 10:27
How about re-naming this site No More Panic and No More Googling? :) We've all given in to it and then kick ourselves after.....hope you're feeling ok now.

Stressed32
26-09-09, 16:33
I twitch when falling asleep...and it is worse when my anxiety level is high. Also, my hubby does it and always has for over 10 years now. You are fine...and stay off google, it is nothing more than a computer than spits out what you tell it to.