PDA

View Full Version : Distorted vision

anxious elephant999
25-09-09, 18:32
HI ive just been out in the car with my husband , and when i looked thriugh the windscreen sort of round the edges everything that i could see was distorted like looking through one of those mirrors at the fair and then when i looked closley through the wing mirrors ( i was in passenger seat) my reflection looked all distorted then everything i looked at afterwards looked funny and distorted for an hour afterwards and of cause made me a little anxious , just wondered if this has ever happened to anyone else :ohmy:

PanicOver!!
25-09-09, 19:17
i work in the motor trade and not sure about wing mirrors but car windscreens are rarely fault free due to the laminating process so it may have been that x

sb001f8994
25-09-09, 19:27
Hi Steph,
Did you have a headache or feel sickly? When I get a migraine my vision goes all distorted and blurry and it can last from half an hour to a few hours.
Take care,
Carol x

anxious elephant999
25-09-09, 20:23
Hi marc thanx for that so your saying that windscreens can be like that then :ohmy:

And Carol ive noticed the windscreen like that a time or two before but never as bad , and never the wing mirrors and no ive no headache i did feel sick but that was coz the distorted vision made me feel funny which in turn made me sick :huh:

Mamfa85
25-09-09, 20:24
i get a headache like carol said and it does this

anxious elephant999
25-09-09, 20:26
Hi marc again is the windscreen thing round the edge where its slightly concaved as it goes round the side is that why it looked strange :hugs: :hugs:
STEPH

PanicOver!!
25-09-09, 20:28
Definately steph

If you stand at the back of a car and look through both the rear and front screen together then move your head you can see the imperfections easier, or stand to the side of the car and look at the screen and again move your head you will see ripples, as i said it just the laminating process where they take 2 sheets of glass and put a plastic film in the middle this stops the screen form splintering and falling appart when in a crash x