PDA

View Full Version : Scared of being alone

twiglet
29-10-05, 08:01
Hi ya,
I dont know if anyone else feels like this but im absolutely terrified of being alone. my husband is working away on monday and he wont be back until tuesday night. and im so scared of being alone in the house. i know its only for one night and my son will be here. but im just soo scared. its been constantly on my mind for a week. i've been trying to think positive thoughts and all but somehow the bad thoughts keep finding their way back in.
i've only lived in the area for two months so i've got no friends or anyone i know here. my friends are either hours and hours away and most of them are in another country. plus they dont know about my PA's exept for two people. i just feel so silly and useless about myself.
Its only one night, you would have thought i be able to cope with that...
sorry to ramble on.....
love
twiglet

mazz
29-10-05, 10:15
hi twiglet , firstly your not rambling , secondly i understand how you feel . iam the same i hate being alone . the way i cope is distraction . find something to do that you enjoy . put the radio on to hear others voices, phone a freind,come in to the chat room it gets busy in the evenings so lots of things to take your mind off being alone . luv mazz x

carlin
29-10-05, 13:41
Hi Twiglet,
Sorry you are worrying about being alone, i was exactly the same a year ago, now i can't wait to get rid of everyone for time on my own!!! I used to leave all the lights on, tv's on in every room, radios, lock all doors. Listen to music, watch dvd's anything you enjoy, go out if that's possible, if not make sure you have everything at home you may need. I worked out in the end that i used to panic whether i was on my own or not, and very often i didn't panic at all whilst alone. You will be fine, as suggested why not try the chat room on monday evening the people there are very friendly and will give you good advice!! And also the two people who know you 'suffer' will be pleased to hear from you via phone, just for re-assurance. take care and keep in touch.

trac67
29-10-05, 13:52
Hi Twiglet,
Why not use the time on your own to your advantage, 'you time'.
Long hot bubble bath, pamper yourself, paint your nails etc, listening to your favourite music while doing it.

You will find the time will fly by if you keep busy.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Lucy36
29-10-05, 15:44
hi, i know exactly how you are feeling, but i totally agree with trac, keep yourself busy have a hot bath, etc and when its bedtime read a book, do a crossword, watch tele then before you know it you;ll wake up in the morning, i used to be like that a while ago, sometimes i still get bit scared when partner not staying with me, but you get used to it eventually, now sometimes im glad of having the house to myself with my son, and as was said come into the chatroom for a while or phone one of your friends for a blether, but honestly you will be fine,

take care
lucy [8D]

twiglet
30-10-05, 06:25
Hi ya, thank u all for the advice.
I guess we all could use abit of "me" time every now and again.
Perhaps i will try the chatroom aswell. havnt been in there yet so that might keep me distracted.
Thanks again.....
Twiglet:)

mum2four
30-10-05, 07:50
fear of being alone is not just an anxiety suffer's fear and I think the best this for the fear of being alone in a house at night is self defence classes. If you know how to protect your self you inner knowlage of knowing you could defend your self if you had to would decrease you fear of being alone. It may not get rid of al together as anxiety is not just about knowing fact's and knowing you can protect your self it's also about being postive no matter what your skill's. It about knowing that you can have the power to be alone and happy at the same time.