PDA

View Full Version : PGCE...what shall I do?

Dolan1989
25-09-09, 18:47
I'm really panicking about what to do.

I've always always wanted to be a primary school teacher and i've done loads and loads of work experience.

However it's now time for me to send off my pgce application. Only problemis that i will definately have to have interviews to get into university.

The thought absolutely terrifies me. I haven't even sent off the application yet and the thought is already making me ill.

I'm thinking about not applying and maybe putting it off for a year so that I can seek therapy and try and sort myself.

I will be so upset though if I decie i can't apply, I've always wanted to do it and told people so, so I'll just look like an absolute failue if I don't do it.

But then again, if I feel like i can't even get through the interview, how am I supposed to expect to actually be able to be a teacher.

What should I do?

Nat x

Joellie
25-09-09, 19:05
Hey nat, I have a huge sence of de ja vu with you, not your problem though! You were just in my thread, im planning to go to uni to do a primary teaching and education course and il have to probably do this course as well!

I say, do what feels less of a stress. If you want to take ayear off, why not do some work experiance? See how you get on when you settle in and in the mean time try to figure things out then go to it, if you feel like thats the wrong thing to do, then push your self to send the application. If you get an interview, tackle that when it gets to it and if you get it then it must be right for you to do this :)