PDA

View Full Version : Breathing quickly!!!

xBettyBoopx
25-09-09, 21:41
So I'm sitting here minding my own business when I feel myself breathing fast. I don't feel anxious (well I do now!!), I have to keep trying to take a deep breath. I've had it before but makes me feel horrible. I have seen hyperventilation & I'm not breathing like that, so what is it?

Anyone get this?

I have done the breathe in for 5, hold then breath out for 5, done the breathing into a paper bag, none seems to help.

Please let me know if you get this. Thanks.

Els

Maj
25-09-09, 21:48
Hi Elspeth,

It sounds like anxiety and it is unpleasant but you will ALWAYS get enough breath so don't worry from that point of view. Try breathing in slowly and inflating your tummy, then breath out a bit longer. Do this for a few minutes and it'll regulate your breathing and calm you down. I know, anxiety breathing is rotten but try to relax and it'll go away as quick as it comes.
Take care
Myra:hugs:

xBettyBoopx
27-09-09, 19:45
Thanks for replying Myra. I take it that you don't have this yourself?

I suppose that as no one else has answered, there isn't anyone who gets it! Makes me wonder if it's something else, not anxiety.

Els

Maj
27-09-09, 23:29
Yes, I have had anxiety breathing problems. They are very unpleasant. You can get over them though. Try the breathing exercises, try to relax. Carry on with what you were doing. Through time they will disappear if you stop being frightened. I've been there. Even although you say you weren't anxious I think you've probably been unaware that you were. Hope you feel better soon.
Myra:)