PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Solarpower
26-09-09, 14:05
Hello everyone, I am an American who currently lives in Guangzhou, China. I have suffered from depression, GAD and Panic Disorder since about 1999. After about 4 years of freedom from panic/anxiety. I recently got hit with some massive panic attacks, which I believe were brought on from alcohol use (I used to drink about 2-3 beers/day. For panic/GAD sufferers, alcohol is poison, stay away from it!). After I stopped drinking I got hit with alcohol withdrawals but the worst is over now. I have been on Effexor XR for about 5 years now at 37.5mg, iv upped the dose to 75mg. I have beat this before and will beat it again. I am happy to find this forum and want to say Hi!

Thorny
26-09-09, 20:56
Hi,

Its great that you have such a positive attitude despite going through alot. That can be hard to do so well done!

I hope you will find this forum as helpful as i have :)

Take Care

Matt.

P.S. Thank god for Google earth.... I just had to find out where Guangzhou was in China! :)

Fran74
27-09-09, 10:52
Hello & welcome to the forum
I agree the anxiety can be beaten no questions about it ...
I agree with you about the drinking as now my anxiety is very bad so i must keep drinking very low ...i also think that my anxiety is back bacause i was drinking too much and subconsciouly i had enough and now i cant cope at all with hangovers ..:)
lovely meeting you and hope to speak to you soon
this forum is great -:)

f

Veronica H
27-09-09, 12:25
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

veronica