PDA

View Full Version : work has finally pushed me over the edge

den68
26-09-09, 18:22
so its all happened. I really believed i had beaten this with out pills but no. Work issues got that bad i was in a real state yesterday doc said he needs to take blood tests as i keep catching anything but he wouldnt listen whilst i was sobbing my heart out and just sent me out in tears saying make an appointment for blood tests. Any way today after a telling off about giving in off my mum i finally lost it. I rang my friend in a total state screaming im loosing my mind i cant cope shaking being sick. She came rang nhs direct and they said doc would ring back and give me something to calm me down but it took 3 hours for them to ring back in which time i had calmed down. She was told not to leave me alone and ring back if i got in the state again otherwise go to gp monday. I really dont know what to say to work as they think i cant cope with my job at the moment anyway even though they admit that what im putting up with off staff is unfair but being the manager need to learn to cope with it better. I think it has come to the time to take the pills i know i will be given on monday but i have heard so many horror stories about them im so scared to take them but cant go on like this. Sorry for long post, just need some advice:weep:

den68
26-09-09, 19:25
any one with any reassuring words please

Mich1111
26-09-09, 20:36
Sorry to hear things have got too much.

A couple of months ago my panic attacks/anxiety returned worse than ever.
I was determined to manage without medication this time. However things got too much, like you my mind was racing and I was convinced I was going mad - I was shaking all the time and felt like I was on another planet.
I went to see the doctor who persuaded me to go on medication, if only for a few months - the anxiety had bought on depression :-(

I gave in, I had no choice, my quality of life was awful, I couldnt leave the house without panicking and I was a nervous wreck that cried all the time.

3 months on, I am so much better, not 100% but back at work and can go out and about again. I thought I would be disapointed in myself for taking medication but it has improved my quality of life so much I'm glad I was persuaded to take it.
It might just help take the edge of things for you and when your back on top of things you can come off it - thats what I'm planning to do.

As for your work, I do not know the circumstances but i have found most people do not understand anxiety if they have never suffered from it. Its a vicious circle because their attitudes/the way people react can often make us feel worse - I know it does for me.

Dont worry about taking medication, not everyone suffers side effects, I felt on edge for a week or two but I'm reaping the benefits now.

Let me know how you get on.

sue.b
26-09-09, 20:53
Sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment.

I am on Antidepressant, as anxiety brought on depression again. The anxiety is just exhausting and depletes certain chemicals in the brain. Antidepressants boost these chemicals until the limbic system in the brain can repair itself. This doesn't happen ovenight, my psychiatrist has told me to stay on this dose for 6 month to a year AFTER I feel well. I am sure your Doctor will advise you though.

Not everyone gets side effects from antidepressants, but i found for me they last for around 2 weeks. I did not feel any benefit for 3 - 4 weeks, but again i think this varies from person to person.

Hope the ad's work for you and you will start to feel better.

Take care

Sue xx

den68
26-09-09, 21:01
thanks im going to have to put my phobia behind me and just take them i know that now

pollyanna
26-09-09, 22:18
hi denise

Im sorry your having such a rotten time right now.As you say , things are getting too much and you are finding it tougher, and tougher to deal with. Maybe it is time to take some medication, i know its not for everyone, but they have helped me, i have a tablet phobia too, i know how difficult it is. Take it one step at a time, it cant be any worse than what you are experiencing right now.

Please take care, and hope you start to feel better very soon.

Px