PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction

pinkcherryhearts
26-09-09, 20:01
Hi everyone
I was panic free for 4 years and now im going through a really bad setback, my panic attacks are worse than ever now and I find it difficult to leave the house. Ive become so depressed and decided to become a member of no more panic so I feel im not alone, Im only 23, I should be enjoying life, but everydays a struggle. I hope to talk to people that are going through what I am.

Thorny
26-09-09, 20:50
Cool name 'Pinkcherryhearts' :)

You certainly won't feel alone here !

Its easy for people who haven’t been through anxiety / depression to fully understand how serious & debilitating it can get. At least on here, you will find many people who are/have been through a tough time so are supportive & very helpful :)

I'm 22, and i must admit that i have been surprised by how many people around that age are on here. I thought i was very alone, but i have been proved wrong.

Take Care

Matt

Star
27-09-09, 00:56
Hiya Pinkcherryhearts!

Aw sorry to hear ur having a bit of a set back, I hope u find the forum useful :) I'm 25 and have been suffering with general anxiety, social anxiety and emetophobia for about 6+ years - its horrible having a blip when you've been doing so well the past few years or so - i can relate! But u will get there in the end! :) xxx

pinkcherryhearts
27-09-09, 09:45
thanks for your replys thorny and star, its nice to speak to people around my age that understands this, I dont know about you but I dont personally know anyone in thier 20s that suffer from panic attacks. Most of them are enjoying themselves, my friends dont understand they think im being rude when I dont go out with them, but I feel so much better now I know im not alone. Thankyou :)
p.s: Im glad u like my username Thorny, Its a combination of my favourite things:)

Fran74
27-09-09, 10:14
Hello&welcome ,
you will find a lot of friends on this forum .. I am 34 started having problems my early twenties your age ...you r not alone people just don't tend to say if they suffer from panic...and i am sure u will start enjoying yourself very soon as u say u have been fine for four years so you know you can beat it again
take care
Fran

pinkcherryhearts
27-09-09, 10:21
Thanks for boosting my confidence, its nice to speak to people that understand, I really admire anyone who has or are suffering from any kind of anxiety.
Best Wishes :)

Veronica H
27-09-09, 12:27
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort, support and great advice here.

Veronica