PDA

View Full Version : hello

pcpamela
27-09-09, 02:05
Hi My name is Pam, I live in New Zealand, was born in London.
I have had panic attacks for years but not often.Tend to come back when I am stressed.Recently It has been a problem as I am going to Australia for a holiday.The thought of not being able to come home at the end of the day
worries me.I haven't had a holiday for years as these worrying thoughts have held me back.I am trying positive thinking and saying stop to those thoughts.
Really hope I will be fine, and wonder why I stressed myself out so much. Have pushed myself to take this trip.It is a chance to catch up with family members over there, who knows whether we will get another opportunity.
It is great to have contact with you all, someone who actually understands.
pam...

pinkcherryhearts
27-09-09, 10:17
Hello there
Ive just read your thread and I had the same experience a few years ago, I suffered terrible panic attacks and had a holiday booked to Turkey, it was my first time abroad and had sleepless nights about what will happen if I have panic attacks and cant get home. I made the decision to still go and had a wonderful time, I took some Bach Rescue Remedy with me just incase and I found that the anxiety about going was actually worse than being there. If the worst happens, say to yourself these feelings wont harm me, they will pass, I will not allow them to ruin my holiday. Make sure you get some bach rescue remedy, it does wonders and goodluck, let me know how you get on and remember you can do it and if you do have an attack, accept it let it pass, they always come to an end.
Best Wishes :)

Veronica H
27-09-09, 12:30
:welcome: to NMP. This is a friendly and supportive place whith great advice.

Veronica