PDA

View Full Version : Symptons before the worry?

Panic33
27-09-09, 10:30
Does anyone else get this:

I understand when I get the symptoms of anxiety when I'm worrying and can't stop thinking of the things that cause the anxiety. But why do I get symptoms of anxiety when I'm not worrying and having what I can only describe as 'normal' time?
Sometimes I get the nervousness, tingling forehead, brain fog before I start to worry and this in turn starts me to worry thus they get worse. Dopes this make sense to anyone?

Bageywagey
27-09-09, 11:30
I know what you mean because I used to get types of panic before I knew what they actually were - when I saw a counsellor a little while ago and she showed me the chart on how worry can cause the anxiety which in turn causes the physical symptoms etc, I asked if the worrying causes it then how did I get it before I worried about it or knew what it was - she didn't seem to know! I personally think it's because our subconscious mind has become used to being in a heightened state of anxiety and maybe it just switches on from time to time without us realising we're turning it on - hope this makes a bit of sense x

Panic33
06-10-09, 18:02
Does anyone else feel they sometimes get the symptoms before the anxiety?

Gazman
06-10-09, 23:30
thanks for the message panic, strange isn't it, maybe like u said it's just subconcious, really making me anxious tho.

Looking back now i think maybe it's because although i'm not sad, i'm not happy either... I dunno feels like i'm clutching at straws tbh.

How r u now panic?

Panic33
06-10-09, 23:34
I thought all was fine a few days ago - the ADs seemd to be working and I felt fine for 3 days then I got the racing mind and brain fog out the blue without thinking I was worrying and that kicked my anxiety off again. I'm trying to put to the back of mind again now. I have notice the more I think about the symptoms the worse I get - so I'm sure its anxiety - although at the times it happends I can't convince myslef. I wouldn't say your clutching at straws that it could be coz your not happy or subconciuos anxiety because they more anxiety n worry I bet the syptoms get worse.

Gazman
06-10-09, 23:51
i'm not on any meds except diazepam when i get really anxious, but the doc wants me to go for cbt or some kind of therapy if i'm still worrying in a months time.

Maybe talking to someone will help me find out whats causing all this crap, do u have cbt or anything similar?

My symptoms get worse the more i think about them and it's difficult not to when you have uncomfortable symptoms.

Maybe give the meds abit more time to work or have u been on them a while?

Panic33
07-10-09, 09:03
I've been on Sertraline for 6 weeks, not having any cbt. I gota go see GP tomorrow so going ask about up'in the dose.

BabyRachel
07-10-09, 09:32
Therapy is just as important as the meds. It gives you the skills to be able to deal with the anxiety, panic attacks and gives you better ways of thinking which will in practice and time reduce the symptoms.

Panic33
07-10-09, 09:34
Therapy is just as important as the meds. It gives you the skills to be able to deal with the anxiety, panic attacks and gives you better ways of thinking which will in practice and time reduce the symptoms.

I'm seeing a different GP this week, so I'll ask him about it. I'll try anything to help :)

meg86
07-10-09, 09:59
Hello :) i find that my symptoms seem to come after a very anxious period, for example if i am feeling really anxious about something for a few months , in that few months i might not have any symptoms but after when i start to worry less i get bombarded with physical symptoms (which in turn can make us more anxious).

When we get anxious adrenaline goes into our blood stream, the more anxious we get the more there is until our adrenaline has reached a level that our body is used to.

Obviously none anxious people dont have adrenaline this high, but as we have been anxious for long periods of time its used to being that high and takes a long while for it to go back to normal.

It is the high amounts of adrenaline that cause the physical symptoms like headaches, pins and needles, funny vision. Even if you dont feel particular worried at that moment you will still experience these symptoms because our adrenaline is still at a high level.

Does this make sense? :) xx

Panic33
07-10-09, 10:05
That makes sense meg, so although not worried at that particular time are body still has high adrenaline thus can get symptoms, then we worry about the symptoms and the cycle continues..

Would that also explain the mental symptoms i.e. brain fog and racing mind