PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Bageywagey
27-09-09, 11:17
Hi there - I'm female and in my forties - my anxiety started about 5 years ago but very irregularly and I didn't actually know what it was - started properly about 2.5 years ago and I've tried to plod on every since but things are getting worse now and I'm having trouble going anywhere without driving myself beforehand and worrying silly when I'm in a shop that something will happen - I really need this to stop now because it's affecting my partner and my children and becoming much more of a problem. I'm petrified of medication and can't look after my 2 boys without getting into a state - not good at all and I need to tackle this head on but really scared. Hope some of you have been able to overcome this and can offer some words of advice x

Veronica H
27-09-09, 12:22
:welcome: to NMP. You will find comfort and support here. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves'. This is available from the NMP shop. I can't recommend this enough as it really explains why we are feeling this way, and shows how we can recover.

Veronica

Bageywagey
27-09-09, 12:27
Thank you very much - will look into that :)