PDA

View Full Version : Overcoming Social Anxiety: revised and simplified

mico
29-10-05, 14:21
My Methods are too complicated for my own good. So, again, I set out to devise a plan, this time with a fair whack of determination, but my patience is thin as I await my books to arrive.

Feel free to share some tips/exercises on overcoming social anxiety.

When I put my plan together I may well get back to you, share and share alike.

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

pips
29-10-05, 15:33
Answer the door even if wearing lycra!

FIND THE MORAL TO MY STORY PLEASE!!!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6155)

Seriously though I think we have to push ourselves a little to see people etc as the longer it continues the harder it becomes.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

florence
30-10-05, 11:20
Hi Mico

Maybe you can find some good tips here : http://www.socialphobia.org/

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

rois
01-11-05, 10:33
I always comfort myself with the fact I can nip to the loos if I feel panicky and hide in there for a while[8D] think you should include a panic bag as well, rescue remedy, lavender etc

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

mico
01-11-05, 19:02
Thanks guys

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

heavymind
27-01-06, 06:28
Success. I finally managed to ask some one out for lunch. When I was attracted to some one, it was extremely difficult to be in their presence. Although the person, whom I asked rejected the offer, I deserve to be happy that I fought with my anxiety and cooked up the courage to ask.

WATCHING A LOT OF COMMEDY MOVIES, HELPS ME A LOT. I recently started trying to get my laughter and taking things as fun work. It works wonders, try to joke about everything and laugh for everything and people respond to you much better and with time it becomes easier for us to trust other more, since they have started to laugh with out about life and they slowly start becoming trusted people.

Its mostly the initial intertia that is a problem, once we kick that out, we can gain some velocity, but to keep increasing the velocity, we need to kick ourself out of inertial regularly on every occurance basis. Once a velocity is established it mostly stays in that velocity, until something goes wrong. If something goes wrong watch a lot of commedy movies and remember to laugh aloud and laug a lot even for the simplest of the jokes, that puts us into the habit of finding events in life funny and use such an attitude to improve our interactions.

Ram