PDA

View Full Version : depression lifting, panic not

april tones
29-10-05, 14:23
hi, i have had a bout of depression and anxiety/panic lately after a year/2. im taking bach flower essence which is helping with deprression but panic or anxiety is still there. any one else feel the same? i feel anxious of being anxious, does that seem right? x

apriltones

tattybear
29-10-05, 14:47
Hi april,

I am the same - I first had problems november last year - it was just depression, then in feb time in turned to anxiety, then in july due to move of house it bought on my first of many panic attacks.

The depression really has lifted so much my now the anixety and panic are the main issues!

My main issues with PA's are when i think i have to much to do and not enoght time to do it in etc and also fear of stopping breathing.

My move (beacuse of all the paking and stuff to do) bought on my first PA and now i think i associate any bit of tidying / tings to do with the move and it makes me panic - ive only just really come to realise this so at least i recognise it !

It is annoying as it was just depression to start with but i guess we just have to accept these things and deal with them the beast way posible.

Tatty B xx

pips
29-10-05, 15:40
Hi April,

I do feel the same as you I get Fear of Fear to which is the same as you say anxious of being anxious!

The best we can do is accept these feelings and convince ourselves that there is nothing to feel scared over. It's just our irrational thoughts taking over.

Imagination a Lollypop lady with a big red stop sign that's what you must tell you irrational thoughts to do STOP!

Good Luck,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

april tones
31-10-05, 22:51
hi pips. we are selling our flat, well its sold. this proberly contributed to my stress, also had problems with my sis, well she had problems but they ended up being mine, again! haha, love aprilxx

apriltones