PDA

View Full Version : Constantly on edge.

Jimbo1189
27-09-09, 19:37
I had a few days last week where my anxiety was ok not acting up at all, but now its back again and I'm feeling very very on edge. This is such a strange feeling that I feel that catastrophe could strike any time. I'm 19 and am really on edge about strokes and heart attacks and Sudden death syndrome, its driving me absolutely mad. Im trying my best to fight falling asleep at the moment and all sorts. I know everyone on here will be familiar with this feeling for sure!! I was just wondering is there anyway to manage it at all.
Thanks Guys :)

Veronica H
28-09-09, 00:42
:bighug1: Many will be familiar with this feeling. As this is an illness of how we think then you need to try to break this cycle of worry which is causing you to produce excess adrenaline, which is keeping you tense. ( I know this is easier said than done). Exercise will burn off the adrenaline if you can manage it. A walk in some fresh air works very well for this but realise that anxiety often keeps us indoors. Do you have a relaxation CD? These do help over time once you make them part of your routine. For the thoughts you could try one of Dr Weekes simple exercises which is to acknowledge the thought but then to imagine it floating off above your ear on a small cloud....don't knock it until you have tried it. One thing many of us with panic/anxiety have in common is a very vivid imagination. We use this mainly to think the worst, so it may be as easier than you think to imagine that little white cloud floating that anxious worrying thought away.

Veronicax