PDA

View Full Version : Strange Dreams

marcc64
27-09-09, 22:42
Lately I've had strange dreams about being chased, just last night i dreamed about being chased by the police, not sure what i had done but i was hiding and running alot, it's quite annoying because i've had alot of dreams about the police lately, being in a police cell is one that keeps coming up.

Could this be related to my anxiety at all? would love to hear from anyone who has experienced this dream.

Desprate Dan
28-09-09, 07:37
HI Marcc64,

I have strange and frieghtening dreams all the time and i always try to work out what they mean about me, obvious the police dreams it would be easy to say that you were running away from something rather than addressing..:shrug: but who am i to say..

A couple of my recent dreams were one i was fighting the Taliban...:scared15: i had no weapons only stones to throw at them, i was on top of a high building and they were sourounding me yet they had guns and all i could do was chuck rocks down at them, they caught me and shot me in the arm and then i woke up in a panic...:scared15:

Next dream i had a couple of nights ago, i was at a fairground with friends we decided to go on this fairground ride, and just before the ride started my friend jumped off and said they couldnt do it...:scared15: so i was left on the ride all alone.
It was strange because i was outside watching self going round and round on this ride (I was stood in the crowd watching my own body going round and round on this ride) and it was getting faster and faster going out of control, next thing my body on the ride lost grip or conciousness and was getting flung around like a rag doll inside this cage.... It was so scarey.

My latest bad dream was last night, I was at work and i couldnt work any overtime because i felt so ill, so i had a word with the boss.. which this is true this but what happened next really freaked me out, all my so called friends turned against me and said that because i wasnt working the overtime i was putting pressure on them.....:weep: :weep: I tried to explain that just because i couldn't work over it was not my fault and if they had a problem they should speak to the boss himself.... They wouldn't listen just started shouting at me and telling me how unfair i was to burden them with the extra work, i said its upto you if you want to work it, if not tell the boss..but again it fell on deaf ears and couldnt get my point across. This really upset me and i woke up so upset..

Sorry i couldnt be more help but at least your not the only one suffering from bad dreams...

Desprate Dan

choley
28-09-09, 08:14
I think we all get weird dreams, and feel like we cant get out. One thing I do know is that you may reverse your own dreams and by doing this you think of something else during the day keep your focus on that, then you wake yourself up. That is something I learned in Physchology which is helpful to me and may help a lot of others

LisaLisa
28-09-09, 17:07
I read that dreams are just your mind clearing out your emotional memory stores of the day so they are clear for the next day. The emotions that you feel in your dreams are the emotions that you felt during the day but that you didnt work through.... like all those cuased by insessant worrying and anxiety. What happens is your brain uses other events and items in your memeory stores to play out these unfinished and unused memories . So what that means is if you feel real anger about something today but dont deal with it...the chances are....thats if you remember your dream the next day....that you might dream some random rubbish about people and places you used to go but that anger feeling will bein there somewhere!!

Therefore, the more anxious thoughts you have during the day...the more of these anxious chasing dreams you will have !!
Hope you are okay

Lisa
xxxx