PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Symptoms Because Of Menopause- New Member Here

bookworm58
27-09-09, 23:45
Hi to all you ladies here that are going through the menopause, have any of you suffered with the jitters for want of a better word, and what have you done to help the problem. Also need some sleep have tried Kalms which help during the day but the night time have had a racey heartbeat, not sure if its related to the kalms or the hormones causing the anxiety feelings.:sad: :wall:

kathee
27-09-09, 23:54
ah yes .... anxiety is one of the biggest menopausal symptoms I have right now.... and because i cannot take meds as i fear their side effects i havent taken kalms or anything else, for me i use distraction the racey heart is also one of the effects of menopause if you look online my doctor gave me the website address but i cannot recall it, you will see the 35 most common symptoms of menopause.... when i get the racey heart i just say to myself "ah yes it is those bloomin hormones again" the site also explains why the anxiety happens due to our bodies using the weak oestrogen produced in our adrenal glands as our usual oestrogen levels decline ....oh I hate this menopause thingie with a vengance ...lol... i also suffer a lot of nausea almost feels like morning sickness !!!... hope this has helped a little. feel free to pm me anytime

kath
x

bookworm58
28-09-09, 00:19
hi kathee thanks for replying, am glad i am not the only one that is gooing through the same, not i wish it on anyone, i just need some sleep, before i go insane because of lack of it, so i am going to try and get some, will post again later and let you know what sort of night ive had,
bookworm58

bookworm58
17-09-11, 10:21
:weep::weep:hi am still suffering from anxiety.was put on citalapram and nitrazepam (sleeping tabs) came off them to quickly,back on cits and sleepers but feeling really down and life is not worth living at the moment.:weep:
will things get any better on 10mg cits have been on for 4 weeks now,was on 20 mg for 2 weeks horrendous side effects,not sleeping because possibily menopause,been in mental hospital for 3 weeks almost 2 years ago now,tried taking my own life ,wish i had succeded,as i have no quality of life.

Wotnews
17-09-11, 10:42
Hi
You have all my sympathy! I'm on 10mgs vital as well cos couldn't cope with 20. Also menopause,altho periods still. I've had terrible morning..no sleep and really really shaky.
Are mornings worse for you? I have ok bits of each day but really tired of this roller coaster. If you read some of the posts on here,it does get better..and that's what I cling on to. Anxiety is the pits!! And combined with all the menopause symptoms it's soooo hard.
I wish I could be more helpful..but you're not on your own..lots of us are going through the same thing. If you look in the womens issues thread there is one on the menopause..it helped me
Easy to say but stay strong and keep posting. Pm me if that helps

Xx

Wotnews
17-09-11, 10:48
http://www.power-surge.com/educate/34symptoms.htm
Hi this is link to the wbsite in case you didn't find it last time

Abby1
17-09-11, 15:53
Hi Bookworm,i am suffering with the Pre-Menopause as well-my symptoms include;Insomnia,Anxiety,Depression,Irregular Periods,Memory loss/Disorientation,Feeling like im going mad most days,No energy etc etc
Im sorry to hear you are struggling as well,life isnt good at all is it when we are suffering and there doesnt seem to be much help/info out there-thank goodness for all the support etc from this site.
Sorry i cant be much more help,i hope it gets better for you soon.

bookworm58
17-09-11, 16:11
thanks Abby it is a pity men don't through what we women have to go through. :bighug1:

Abby1
17-09-11, 17:55
Yes thats very true Bookworm,if men did go through this dreadful Pre-Menopause you can bet that theyd have found a cure by now or at least some treatments that give relief/info from the symptoms and not have to struggle in silence like we do......
Lots of hugs to you :-)

daybyday
17-09-11, 18:25
I'm post menopause now since age 45 and I am now 56.

Another good site is Minniepauz. Helps and humor too.

I still have racy heart. Many days I want my estrogen back.

bookworm58
18-09-11, 07:15
nitrazepam,has anyone taken these sleeping tablets and how long were you on them for,was on them for 18 months came off them to quickly,been back on them for a month now,doctor said to just stop them but the withdrawal effects are awful,he said i wouldnt get any because of the short time i have taken them,yet you can get withdrawal after only a week of taking them,the way i am feeling is that i want to end it all,i personally think that doctors don't know half of what withdrawal effects are.