PDA

View Full Version : Is this the Citalopram?

tiffuk
28-09-09, 08:21
OK, so I have been told I have a PND, which has put my mind a rest a bit because i had no idea where the Anixety had sprung from, It made me so depressed, so to have a answer at last was good.
I was feeling ill before I started on the citalopram, I had got my self in to such a state I felt alwfull!

I have been taking citlopram for 5 days now, I feel dizzy, have chest pains and a funny fluttering in my chest, i feel hungery but when i try to eat it just doesn't go down, it feels such an effot and the food is tatseless. I have no energy, I don't want to leave the house because i feel so weak. Is this all the citlopram?? x

BRY54
28-09-09, 09:01
The loss of taste of food and appetite was the most frightening side effect of Cit for me , I have lost 2.5 stone in the last six months and couldn't afford to lose any more weight , but luckily my appetite and sense of taste returned after about 7 days and I'm really enjoying my food again and the occasional glass of red wine.

Mandylou
28-09-09, 13:27
:welcome: Hi TiffUk and welcome. I've been on Citalopram on and off for the last 14 years and yes unfortunately these do sound like classic "beginners" side effects. Perservere and the symtons will gradually get less. In the you will feel the benefits. Good luck - hope you soon start to feel better. :bighug1: