PDA

View Full Version : So sick of this headache

anx mum
28-09-09, 12:28
Yet another post sorry guys:weep: never felt so down as some of u may know been getting constant headaches now for roughly 6 weeks. Wake up everyday day with a headache my doc is saying its muscular but im thinking how can it b when im waking up with headaches. So scared that maybe somethings going on that the docs havent picked up on always been anxious but this is really scaring me.

bukendaa
28-09-09, 12:37
I know how you fell get him to check your ear for infection i hate ones that lasts for days

Qix
28-09-09, 12:37
Sorry anx! just checked my inbox ! I dont know what to say to convince you. Maybe ask your doc for another scan? Just for reassurance ? As you know my headache was really bad aswell. I can tell that you dont accept that it is tension. You really just have to forget about it. Try and worry about something else. Anything else. This will focus your attention on that a relieve the pain. That should provide you with proof. I know its hard :( but ull get over it.

anx mum
28-09-09, 12:41
thanks hun im so scared hun sat here crying dont think she give me another scan although they have sent a letter for me 2 go for one i think if i went i would have peace of mind its a ct scan

Qix
28-09-09, 12:46
Yes, go and get it done. put your own mind at rest. Its only when you accept that there is nothing wrong your body will stop being in a paniced state. You see if you dont truley believe you are fine, your mind starts to put your body under the symptoms you fear. But then once you accept you are fine, your mind then stops the symptoms and you will feel better. You wont feel magically fine over night! because of the strain it puts on your body you will have pains and aches and there will be days you will feel like you did but you just have to retrain yourself :)

anx mum
28-09-09, 12:58
a ct scan would show anything wouldnt it feel mad but what else can i do cant live like this dont know whether 2 ask my doc or just go?

PanicOver!!
28-09-09, 13:22
Hey if it will make you feel better then ask x
maybe thats what you need to break the cycle if anxiety causing them x

randomworry
28-09-09, 13:28
from my very limited understanding CT scans can show if you have a brain haemorrhage and things like that.

randomworry
28-09-09, 13:32
this was taken from nhs direct website:
Stress makes headaches worse and can even make you develop a headache in the first place. Learning how to relax can help you to keep headaches under control.

There are many different ways to relax or reduce stress. The following are seven relaxation techniques that headache sufferers have found useful. Try to do one each day:
1. Have a massage
New research suggests that massage can reduce the frequency of headaches. In a study, people with a history of migraines who had a 45-minute weekly massage had fewer headaches than those who didn’t receive massages. It’s thought that massage works by relaxing tight muscles that can trigger headaches and also by reducing sensations of pain and stress.
2. Breathe easy
Try some deep breathing to prevent headaches. Imagine a point just below your belly button. Breathe into that spot, filling your stomach with air. Let the air fill you from the stomach up, then let it out like deflating a balloon. With every long, slow breath you breathe out you should feel more relaxed.
Slowing down your breathing will also help you relax. Do this by taking long, slow breaths. Count slowly to five as you breathe in and then count slowly to five as you breathe out. Your body will naturally relax as your breathing slows.
3. Relax your mind
A technique called mental imagery relaxation, or guided imagery, is a proven way of relaxing and coping better with stress and pain. Conjure up a calm, peaceful image in your mind, for example a tropical beach scene or clouds floating across the sky, and hold that scene in your head as a sort of mental escape. Try doing this as soon as you feel a headache developing and you could find it’s less painful and over more quickly than usual.
4. Listen to music
Combine your relaxation exercises with your favourite music in the background and you’ll relax even more. Go for music that lifts your spirits or that you find soothing and calming. You can buy specially made relaxation tapes or DVDs that usually include music and relaxation instructions.
5. Relax your muscles
Try this simple 10-minute exercise to ease muscle tension.
While lying down, take a few deep breaths, breathing out slowly. Scan your body in your mind, starting at your toes and moving up to the top of your head. Recognise any areas that feel tense. Relax these areas, releasing as much tension as you can. Rotate your head in a smooth, circular way once or twice and roll your shoulders forwards and backwards several times. Let all your muscles relax completely. Recall a pleasant thought for a few seconds. Take another deep breath and breathe out slowly to finish off.
6. Practise yoga
Attending a yoga class at your local gym, or doing yoga at home, could help your headaches. Yoga combines stretching, breathing and meditation exercises and will help you feel more relaxed. See Useful links for advice on finding a local class.
Other exercise techniques such as t'ai chi and meditation are good alternatives to yoga.
7. Exercise regularly
Headache researchers have found evidence that, in some people, moderate exercise can reduce the number and severity of headaches, and that regular exercise can even prevent some people from getting headaches.
This is probably because exercise releases endorphins, which are natural substances that help you feel better.
Choose an exercise that you enjoy (jogging, swimming, dancing, cycling, aerobics classes and brisk walking are ideal), and try to exercise for at least 30 minutes three times a week.