PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu + palpitations

peter34uk
28-09-09, 20:24
Like most people I suffer from health anxiety about my heart. I have a lot of adrenaline throughout the day and get palpitations too.

What I MOST worried about is having swine flu & my heart rate goes through the roof with this.

I dont know if im starting to have it, but last few days ive felt achey and this evening I feel a bit crap to be honest. But no other symptoms apart from feeling achey and lethargic.

How long before I know if I have swine flu?...if thats what i have??

Welsh.Baz
28-09-09, 21:40
If you don't have the sky high temperature then it's probably just one of these other pesky virus' going around. Swine Flu is supposed to hit you quick, not over a few days too.

Maj
28-09-09, 22:20
I know lots of unfortunate people have died with swine flu, but otherwise it is a mild flu for most people. I had suspected swine flu and it was no more than a mild flu, lasted few days, made me feel hot, cold, tired. I have asthma and had to take extra care but honestly, don't worry about it. It's not worth getting into a panic about as you'll be surprised at how quick you would get over it.
Take care,
Myra:yesyes:

kathee
28-09-09, 22:48
hiya .... if you have no temp and have had symptoms for a few days without them getting worse it is very unlikely you have swine flu..this flu strikes in a matter of hours, and gives a high temp ....we have all had it in my family .. will say that though you feel awful with it it does not last long, even my disabled daughter got better quite quickly ....but if you are overly concerned get medical advice.... could be a cold? or maybe you are just in a state of high anxiety when i am in a state of high anxiety i always feel feverish and not wellish if you know what i mean :) hope you're soon feeling better

take care
kath
x

peter34uk
28-09-09, 22:57
ah thankls people. feeling better about it now. phew :hugs:

kathee
28-09-09, 23:04
good...this bloomin ha is an awful thing !!! x x x