PDA

View Full Version : oh no not again, help please

LisaLisa
29-09-09, 11:19
Hello

Im so frightened today. I was putting on make up this morning when i felt a lymph node just in front of my ear, i think that its on the parotid gland in my face. Well i have a major fear of having hiv becuae of physical stuff that i have that i have read on google that happens with hiv. One of the major things that frighten me is salivary gland problems that i read always happen with hiv. I have had five negative hiv tests since 2007 , one of them when i had my baby last year.

I saw a post from someonethe other day that has a picture of where all the lymph nodes are and now i know that the one i can feel swells when there is a problem with the parotid gland. I also have a dry mouth at the side as well and apparently that happens with hiv as well.

Im so frightened, also my cbt has finished and i dont have anywhere to turn now. Can someone please help me. Does anyone else feel anything like that in their face, its just infront of m,y ear.

Lisa
xxxx

rebeccad
29-09-09, 11:24
Hi Lisa,
Well i must also have hiv then and alot of people on here also, i am getting a very dry mouth at the moment and im putting it down to my medication, also under and behind my ear i have 2 almost like little cysts, i have always had them and the chances are you have, If i get a cold or anything else like that they swell, have you had a cold lately or any infection? also if i get a coldsore i get a huge lump under my chin. Im no doctor but if you are severly run down surely your glands are going to swell to try and fight it. Go back to your docs and tell them you need more cbt honestly dont feel like there is nowhere to turn because there always is, go and have a chat with your doc and i bet you will fee so much better. Take care Lisa xxx

LisaLisa
29-09-09, 13:29
rebecca how big are your little cyst things? Do they feel like hard jellybeans?

Lisa
xxx

fed_up09
29-09-09, 13:31
Hi,
I've had exact same lymph node enlarged for about 2 months now. It's just started to reduce in size because I've forced myself not to touch it. If lymph nodes are rubber-like and mobile, they are fine :)

michellescott200
29-09-09, 13:34
It is important not to touch the nodes now and then. Just leave it as it is, or go to the doctor to get it diagnosed.

Michelle :noangel:

LisaLisa
29-09-09, 13:44
mitchellscott200

do you think it sounds like my hiv tests are wrong?

Lisa
xxxx

rebeccad
29-09-09, 13:47
they are exactly like little smarties i can actually move them around, if you are continuously touching them you are only going to make them more swollen. Try not to touch them for 3 days and i bet they are much better. The more you poke and prod the bigger they will become. Please be reassured by the pm i sent you it was actually written by a doctor, he said if you have had a negative test at 14 weeks which you have, plus more, then it is 100% you dont have it, now for a doc to use 100% he must be 100%. I hope you can get yourself feeling more positive hun.
xxxx

Cell block H fan
29-09-09, 16:57
Hello

Im so frightened today. I was putting on make up this morning when i felt a lymph node just in front of my ear, i think that its on the parotid gland in my face. Well i have a major fear of having hiv becuae of physical stuff that i have that i have read on google that happens with hiv. One of the major things that frighten me is salivary gland problems that i read always happen with hiv. I have had five negative hiv tests since 2007 , one of them when i had my baby last year.

I saw a post from someonethe other day that has a picture of where all the lymph nodes are and now i know that the one i can feel swells when there is a problem with the parotid gland. I also have a dry mouth at the side as well and apparently that happens with hiv as well.

Im so frightened, also my cbt has finished and i dont have anywhere to turn now. Can someone please help me. Does anyone else feel anything like that in their face, its just infront of m,y ear.

Lisa
xxxx

I said this is another thread the other day, so wont go on about it in this one again, but thats exactly where my son has one. Just in front of his ear. He is only 14 & is only into the xbox & pc's, no where near interested in girls, so I know he hasn't got HIV! lol
His is caused by his spots. Even earrings that your ears dont like can cause it! I cant use anything but gold or silver jewellery because I come out in lumps all over the place. It could be loads of things causing it x

michellescott200
30-09-09, 12:53
they are exactly like little smarties i can actually move them around, if you are continuously touching them you are only going to make them more swollen. Try not to touch them for 3 days and i bet they are much better. The more you poke and prod the bigger they will become. Please be reassured by the pm i sent you it was actually written by a doctor, he said if you have had a negative test at 14 weeks which you have, plus more, then it is 100% you dont have it, now for a doc to use 100% he must be 100%. I hope you can get yourself feeling more positive hun.
xxxx

I would agree with rebeccad, it could make the swelling worse when you keep on touching them, tho they dont hurt.

Be encouraged.

Michelle :noangel: