PDA

View Full Version : anyone taken stelazine for anxiety????

ijustagirl
29-09-09, 14:04
:) hi all, ive got very bad post traumatic stress and ive tryed most meds and nothing has helped so far..anyway the phycologist has put me on stelazine has anyone been on this and has it helped your anxiety... im on day 2 and feel really odd and a bit of a bad head...thanks for reading would appreiate any help..sam

oliverb
29-09-09, 14:45
Yes, I'm prescribed mirtazapine and trifluoperazine (Stelazine) in 1mg tablets, to be taken when necessary, much as diazepam was. It's ok, takes the edge off the anxiety, no side effects that I've noticed. I don't think I've ever taken more than 2 in a day. They're handy to carry around with you, just in case.

ijustagirl
29-09-09, 15:29
THANKS OLIVER.:) ...have you noticed any weight gain at all..nice to know they helped you , just to take the edge off the anxiety wuld be great.

oliverb
29-09-09, 15:37
The stelazine doesn't affect my appetite one way or the other. The mirtazapine gives me the munchies, but I avoid weight gain by cunningly not buying surplus food.

Cheers
O.

valleybear
29-09-09, 16:06
Hi, I was on Stelazine many years ago and it did help. It is a tried and tested drug and I do not remember any side effects. X

ijustagirl
29-09-09, 17:58
thanks, i feel alittle odd but maybe as im n so many meds anyway...got to up the dose to 2mg per day so fingers crossed this med works.. thanks again for the replys... smiles sam:)