PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel as though I have been sucking a penny??

cacran
29-09-09, 18:38
I have had an awful taste in my mouth which is like I have been suycking a copper penny. My tongue is raw and my gums are sore. I can't taste food properly. I feel so miserable.
I have been like this for 3 weeks.:weep:

PanicOver!!
29-09-09, 19:04
One of the symptoms of anxiety im afraid is a metalic taste in the mouth

Danath
29-09-09, 19:06
certain meds can do that (e.g zopiclone) too.

cacran
30-09-09, 10:51
I could be anxious, I often am. The life I lead really.
I am on quite a lot of meds but the only new one I had recently was an antihystemine. I was on it for a month to see if my swollen tongue was an allergy. I did not have the taste then, so wonder if that treatment left me with the taste. I can't remember the name of the tablets.

Joellie
30-09-09, 11:13
Just tobe on the safe side go to the dentist. I had this once and it turned out i had thrush in my mouth (sounds lovely doesnt it!)

cacran
30-09-09, 21:32
I have just recently had a dental check up, so don't think that will be the problem. A lot of people get thrush in their mouths though. Babies get it, too.

Bubblegumpixie
01-10-09, 10:33
Hi there!
I get this a lot. Sometimes I get a sore mouth but mostly it's just the foul metallic taste. I am always reaching for the extra strong mints as I cannot stand the awful taste. Sometimes I constantly spit to check if something is bleeding as the taste is so strong. I have heard (as the first reply said) people with anxiety disorder do get a metallic taste in there mouth. I just really wanted to say you aren't alone Hun. :)

PanicOver!!
01-10-09, 10:47
Just found this on the web

Anxiety symptoms - Taste and smell symptoms - A “tinny,” “metallic,” “ammonia,” “blood-like,” bitter, or odd or unusual smell or taste in the mouth and/or nose

Taste and smell symptoms: You have a sporadic or persistent odd taste or smell. Some describe it as “tinny,” “metallic,” “ammonia,” “blood-like,” “blood in the mouth,” bitter, or some other odd smell or taste. This smell or taste is not related to something you’ve eaten or from your environment. Most often it has no rational explanation.

May help explain it

Cat80
01-10-09, 12:50
Acid reflux can also cause this taste, I get this a lot