PDA

View Full Version : Working while starting medication

Jewel
30-10-05, 13:02
Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had started taking medication i.e. prozac etc whilst still being at work.

If so how did you cope and did you manage.

many Thanks

Nicola

nomorepanic
30-10-05, 14:22
Hi

I was on Dothiepin and then Prozac whilst working still.

I just carried on as normal to be honest. I had Diazepam when I was really bad at work and used to take half a tablet to help calm me. Apart from that I used to take "time-out" breaks in the loo to calm down or quick walks in the fresh air.

There is no reason why you can't carry on as normal whilst on any meds.

Good luck with it.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Jewel
30-10-05, 14:27
Thanks Nic

You always say the right things

Nicola

alexis
30-10-05, 15:37
I have been on 2 different medications and it has not affected my work, infact probably helped as not as much time to think about it,

love from Alexisxxxx

Sweep1
31-10-05, 11:33
I continued to work whilst starting on Ciraplex, I started taking the tablets on the Wednesday evening, felt rough in work on Thursday, toke Friday off sick and was starting to feel better by the Monday. :)

I also found, like Alexis, that keeping busy kept my mind off the side effects.

Sweep1

Gareth
31-10-05, 15:08
Hi Nicola,

I have been on Citalopram for a couple of months and continued working.

I don't think I'm up to my effective dose yet but it has certainly helped.

I have felt physically exhaused but that is starting to wear off, and my anxiety increased at the start.

I coped by just getting on with it really, sorry I don't really have much more advice! My side effects haven't been too bad and to be honest I don't think they are for most people. Remember you can always take time off sick, don't be ashamed to do this.

I hope the meds pay off for you. Remember its all about going to the right dosage for you. Keep talking to your doc about this.

all the best

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***