PDA

View Full Version : Will it be okay ?(ladies)

kittykat
29-09-09, 20:57
I have really bad thrush at the moment and checked the medicine cabinet and found some canestan thank god i thought......only thing is its use by date is april 2009.....will it be okay and safe to use it :scared15: as the itching is driving me insane tonight, any thoughts? It does say not to use it after the expiry date.

Cell block H fan
29-09-09, 21:07
I think obviously they play safe & put a date on it thats long before when its really unsafe, but nearly 6 months later is probably a bit more than I would risk. I would prefer to buy some more myself. If it was only a month I would of used it x

ladybird64
29-09-09, 21:24
Hi Kitty

My daughter is going through the same thing at the moment, it's a nightmare..

anyway, I just had a look on the manufacturers site and it says very clearly that it must NOT be used after the expiry date.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..perhaps if you have some natural yoghurt in the house it will tide you over until the morning?

kittykat
29-09-09, 21:32
thanks, id better not risk it then as i'll just worry all night if i do use it , i'll get some in the morning and hand the out of date stuff into the pharmacy thanks xx

seeker
29-09-09, 21:54
Ach it only says that to cover their backs! It just won't be as effective as if it was within date. The website is obviously going to tell you not to use outwith the useby date so you will buy some more. However, if you will worry bout it, probably best to leave it until the morning.

Joellie
29-09-09, 22:00
Usually things like that have a "once opened use with in.." date too. They say in general to use it by april but if you opened it in jan 08 then usually you needed to have used it by jan 09.

pollyanna
29-09-09, 22:24
Im with seeker on this one , its just means its less effective, i have recently used some that was out of date until i could get a new one, i suffered no ill effects at all, and from memory i think i have done it before too, but i know what its like to worry yourself sick about something like this.
The yoghurt suggestion is good , i have used that too in the past, and its very effective and very soothing, but i think it has to be natural yoghurt.

hope this 'wee' problem clears soon, cos from experience i know what a right pain it is. :blush:

p x