PDA

View Full Version : im too terrified of agoraphobia ='[

bumble18
30-09-09, 00:46
I have suffered with this for over two years now, im 18.
i read so many stories of people not gettingover it for 10-20 years, and whhen people get better it comes back loads from stress etc.
im so terrified il be like this forever
im in tears right now, again, because its too hard to handle.
i want the easy way out, ive tried so hard and none of it has worked im still 90% housebound.
its not eased off much in two years
i dont know why it happened
i dont know how to stop it happening again
ive lost all but 2 friends
im ruining my boyfriends life with mood swings and never been able to go out with him anywhere, which makes me paranoid of who hes with.
I just wanna get away
every night i have these amazing dreams where i have little or no anxiety
and its so perfect
and then i wake up
no one should haveto feel the way i do when i realised it was all just a dream
i just want to dream forever
in my dreams ive moved away, started a new life, fell in love and am able to do whatever i want in life.
but instead im stuck here wasting away, the last bits of my teen years just flowing by.
while almost everyone my age that i know has gone off to uni
i didnt even go to college
theyre all clubbing and drinking themselves silly, having laughs and sleepovers and going shopping
im sitting inside doing nothing all day every day
i just sit with a headache from crying so much
its never going away is it
this should probably go in teh depression forum, but the ammount of my posts that go in there makes me even more depressed =[

i need this to go away :'( i dont know how to live this way
i dont think i can

hollygirl
30-09-09, 11:10
I suffer with agoraphobia too and it is fairly bad at the minute. However I have beaten it once so I know I can beat it again. YOu can too.

Many people do recover - and many much sooner than after ten or twenty years. I think (and I am not an expert here) but maybe for a month or two - take the pressure off. Accept for now you cannot go out much and concentrate on making what you can do as enjoyable as possible.

I recently had a really bad re occurence of panic and anxiety and I am still not out of the woods but I am getting there. I did little things like order some boxsets of tv shows I love as a treat. Did my garden etc and tried really hard not to focus on my symptoms and also decided not to push myself at all until feeling a little calmer. I believe that sometimes the body needs time to recouperate and rest a little and re set itself if very anxious.

Then maybe in a month or two when you are feeling a little stronger you can start back on trying to get out a little. And make it one tiny step at a time. That is how it worked for me before - baby steps all the time. But this time I made the mistake of pushing way too hard and set myself back.

I think with this condition we need patience and to deal with it slowly - but surely. I have faith that you will get better - because you WANT to get better.

Sending you lots of hugs.

stacey
01-10-09, 14:41
Hi there. I feel exactly the same way at the min. I thought I was getting through this but something has put me back to square one (possibly the death of my Father 5 months ago)? I have started to tell my husband to go out with our kids and his Mother at the weekend cause I know I just wont be able to handle going out. I have never read or heard a success story of anyone who has had agorophobia or panic/anxiety attacks. Most people have their problems "under more control" so I do feel like you...as in "is this my life now"??? If so it really isn't going to be good. Sorry this is probably not going to help you cheer up, but I just wanted you to know I feel the same. (what's happened to my writing)!!!!!! x

sb001f8994
01-10-09, 16:09
Hi,
There's a thread here called agoraphobia and its got lots of success stories in it. We are all tryiing to get over this and give each other support. One member, Mishel is off on holiday on Saturday, by plane and is doing really well.
I was first diagnosed when I was 16 and recovered quite quickly and had 20 odd years of a normal life but after a particularly bad time in my life it came back but Im fighting it again. I believe you can beat it and have a normal life. A friend of mine was house bound for years then fought like hell. She is now having a brilliant time holidaying all over the world and living life to the full.
Try searching the 'agoraphobia' thread for inspiration, its helped me.
Take care,
Carol

teez
01-10-09, 17:05
i really do understand your anger and frustration with this,,but even though yes ive had agoraphobia 20 odd years,,its not that bad yup ive had years where leaving my house wasnt even an option,,,and then from that to waking up from a major operation,,to not being able to keep me in the house,,im now inbetween, some days i walk out the door spend all day out without even thinking about it,,others i wont lie to you are harder,,but im getting there,,and so will you,,you need to join us on the agoraphobic thread, its not an over night cure,,that i so know your seeking,,but we keep each other going out ,,just by being there for each other,,give us a go what you got to lose,,i know ive improved ,,theresa x