PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Ben25
30-09-09, 12:51
I have been suffering with bad nerves/Anxiety since I was very young & im now 25. I cannot stop thinking that I have a problem with my heart or a heart condition. The past year since my daughter was born has been the worst ever. ive been experiencing palpatations, Lump in throat, tight chest etc. I called an ambulance out for myself because I was so worried at one point. Went back to the hospital and gave me an ECG and they said everything was fine and put it down to anxiety. About 8 months later I went to the doctor as I was worried again and had another ECG & bloodtests, but again everything came back fine and the doctor said again its anxiety. Im 25 not overweight and try to keep fit from football & martial arts. I worry about dropping dead all of a sudden and one of my main concerns is my daughter who is only 1 not growing up without a father & think this could be one of the major causes. Also 2 years ago I started a new job which involves me working Mon-Fri 12hr night shifts 60 hrs a week 6pm Til 6am then coming home and looking after my daughter all day as my partner works days. I do get some sleep at work but never a full solid 8 hours. I think that this could also be one of the causes.

Thanks
Ben :wacko:

diane07
30-09-09, 13:22
Hi Ben,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

It does certainly sound like you have all the symptoms of anxiety and for the fact that you don't sleep much will make all these symptoms much worse. As you've had all sorts of tests to rule everything out, this must give some peace of mind.

Is there no-one who could look after little one for a couple of hours so you can get a little more sleep, i remember all this myself, years ago, when i too worked nights, it can be so exhausting.

best wishes

di xx

Fran74
02-10-09, 23:29
Hi Ben,
welcome to the forum ..i am sure you will find talking to the lovely people on this forum very helpfull .
Take care
Fran

Veronica H
03-10-09, 13:45
:welcome: Welcome Ben, I agree that you would feel a good deal better with your anxiety if you were able to get a decent block of sleep. You will find comfort and support here. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Maj
03-10-09, 14:14
Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. It sounds as though you are exhausted more than anything else. Being anxious before and then having a family brings added responsibilities and the amount of hours you are working won't be helping you to feel better. That's an awful lot of working hours in a week. Anyone would feel like you do!! Take heart in the fact that your ecg's were okay - this shows that your heart is strong and functioning perfectly normal. Try to get a rest whenever you can and through time you can feel less anxious again. You'll get a lot of support and advice from people on here as well if you feel at the end of your tether. Take care.
Myra:)

sue09
11-10-09, 11:35
hello

chris670
11-10-09, 21:15
HELLO BEN

I just want to wish you a warm welcome and let you know you will get support here and make good friends .

Its very hard life and we hope to make it a better one by trying to help you

take care