PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and hot flashes

Amanda74
30-09-09, 13:53
I started taking this on Saturday 10mg and on Monday night I had what I can only describe as a hot flash - felt like I had been struck by lightening - hot from head to toe - lasted for 20 mins and then had another smaller one about half an hour later.

I am now scared to take them at all - has anyone else experienced this will taking Citalopram

A

joans60
30-09-09, 13:54
Hi Amanda I get that with Citalopram it is very frightening but it does get better

Regards Joan

Amanda74
30-09-09, 14:03
Thanks Joan

How long will it be before they get better?

It was so hot it actually stung!

A

Jordan..x
30-09-09, 16:47
Hi Amanda..
They Say Side Effects Last Up2 2Weeks..
Today Is My 7th Day && I Already Feel The Side Effects Are Weakening =]
WoOp..!!
Jordan..x

joans60
30-09-09, 16:56
Hi Jordan and Amanda
What mg are you on
Are you finding that they are helping you
Amanda I still get a odd one or two hot flushes.
If there is anything else I can help you with send me a message.

Regards Joan

Jordan..x
30-09-09, 17:03
Hi Joan =]
I Am On 20mg..
First Couple Of Days Were Very Unusual..
Now The Only Side Effects I Have Is Feeling Very Tired && Little Food Intake.. =S But I Can Deal With Those..
And Yes I Feel They Are Helping Me Already =] I Have Social Anxiety && Have Been Going Out More..! Yippeee..! But Still Early Days..
Jordan..x

BRY54
01-10-09, 07:04
They make me sweat a lot , last night I woke up in bed and was wringing wet with sweat.
On day 32 now of 20mg and I've had 14 great days on the run , I can't remember the last time I've felt this good.

Amanda74
01-10-09, 08:53
Ive started on 10mg and then have to increase to 20mg after the first week.

The hot flashes though are quite frightening - at least I know what they are now so they dont bother me as much as they did when I had the first one.

Other than that I havent had any other side effects.

Although I must admit I stopped taking them after my flash - but I am considering going back on them

A