PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really panicky when eating anyone else? :(

meg86
30-09-09, 14:50
Hello,

I have had anxiety for 2 years and always loved my food, but lately i have really lost my appetite and its scaring me :(.

whenever i eat i feel like i am going to have a panic attack, i feel really hot and sweaty and my stomach flips and just feel like i cant eat.

This is new to me and im not sure what has brought this on, i am trying my hardest to eat because i know its not healthy but im worried this is going to be a real problem.

My family are so used to see my eating well they are getting a bit concerned because im not finishing my meals.

Thanks for reading :) xx

LisaLisa
30-09-09, 15:22
Meg

Im quite sure that anxiety physical symptoms increase overtime. Im sure that is the way the body works. The stress hormones build up and they dont get a chance to go becuase the anxiety keeps them from clearing from the body, so the phyical symptoms will increase over time as well. Your body has endured two years of anxiety and I think the key is to not worry about those symptoms to decrease the stress hormones.

Easier said than done I know!

Lisa
xxxx

Jamie_
30-09-09, 16:41
Meg

Im quite sure that anxiety physical symptoms increase overtime. Im sure that is the way the body works. The stress hormones build up and they dont get a chance to go becuase the anxiety keeps them from clearing from the body, so the phyical symptoms will increase over time as well. Your body has endured two years of anxiety and I think the key is to not worry about those symptoms to decrease the stress hormones.

Easier said than done I know!

Lisa
xxxx

Well that certainly explains why i can go for weeks controlling my panic attacks, they last seconds but the anxiety remains, then eventually i have a big one that i can't control over nothing more than say..a slightly sore head :\