PDA

View Full Version : ongoing headaches

kirgray
30-10-05, 13:55
Ive suffered from headaches for ages now possibly over a year.

They used to be ones I could deal with, like a constant ache, but now I cant think straight with them, I feel I cant hold my head up straight and my eyes are so so blurry, they are also affecting my balance big time Im staggering everywhere.

Im on beta blockers coz the doc thinks they are migraines but they are not helping them they feel worse.

The headache is all at the back of my head its a constant pressure and then I get shooting pains in different areas. They are so horrible, I was feeling more positive recently but they are getting me down!.

Have been the docs numerous times and he has checked me over I dont want to be a nuisance but Im thinking of asking for an MRI scan.

lin
30-10-05, 16:10
hi Kirgray

Only last week i had a headache on the right side then the left side and i thought there was something wrong because i never had this before, even when i took painkillers for it it never went away. I think i was a little stressed as it has gone now.

There is no harm asking for MRI to put your mind at rest as what you have said having them for over a year it's well worth getting it checked.

Are you stressed at all? Stress can cause headaches when my anxiety was on a high i had plenty of headaches.

If i'm not happy with what the doc has said i go to another you probably think that sounds mad but everytime they have said the same.

try not to worry to much

take care
linda xx

doddy
30-10-05, 16:50
hello there,

i get bad bad headaches....crushing on both sides, eyes go funny, actually feel the blood rushing around my ears....horrible and yes they do get you down, i think they get you a bit panicky too so that doesnt help. i found walking helps even in the rain.......

im sure they are nothing more than stress and worry, if an mri helps calm you then ask for one, but u might have to fight for it....

take care

andy

kimmy
31-10-05, 16:01
hi kirsty

I get headaches too hun. I used to get stabbing pains in my head, one day it came down so heavy on my head i nearly fell down.

Stress does that to you. the thing is we get stressed more and another vicious cycle starts again!

If you feel you want a scan, get1. it might help. xx

pepper
31-10-05, 19:40
hi
i suffer from an anxiety disorder and i have found that over the last month or so i have had constant tension headaches, starting to be not as bad now though. At first i was absolutely terrified that i had a brain tumour or something, now i have calmed myself down and am thinking straight, if it was a brain tumour i would have many other symptoms which i dont have and tension headaches are very common symptoms of anxiety disorders, also the more i worried about the headaches the worse they got and when i was busy doing something i would not notice the headaches as much.
Thanks
pepsi
xxx

florence
31-10-05, 20:35
Hi Kirgray

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">The headache is all at the back of my head its a constant pressure and then I get shooting pains in different areas.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

It seems like tension headaches , I get them , got headaches every day lately, can I ask you, .. have you got any back , shoulder or neck problems, like stiffness ??

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

kirgray
31-10-05, 20:58
Thanks all for your replies.

Your comments all make alot of sense, I think deep down they are tension headaches, as whilst busy I dont notice them as much, so distraction is the key there.

Florence the back of my neck is so stiff I often give myself neck massages and can feel slight relief there.

Sorry to whinge about the headaches its just they are so painful and scare the hell out of me!!.

XKX

florence
31-10-05, 21:03
Hi

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Florence the back of my neck is so stiff I often give myself neck massages and can feel slight relief there.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Yes I have the exact same problem, had it for years, the only thing that helps me is a visit to a chiropractor, quite expensive i know, but well worth it, maybe worth considering?

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

Meg
31-10-05, 21:12
Headaches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2098)
headaches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4794)
tender spots on head (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4889)
Tension headaches! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5660)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Mable
31-10-05, 22:42
Hi Kirgray,
[V]
Sorry to hear about your headaches. Any symptom when it is that acute can be very worrying. Your GP is probably right, but there is a lot you can do to help yourself and find the cause of the problem.

Firstly for relief, I have found Indian head massage excellent, also any other body/back massage weekly if you can afford it. Try for a month.

I have a friend who had bad migraines for years, and finally discovered that they stopped when she cut out all dairy and chocolate. Again, if you can afford it, get an allergy test. We are often allergic/intolerant to various foods, and this can develop as we get older. If you can bear it, try an elimination diet and then reintroduce foods individually so that you can monitor the results. Sometimes food will not affect us until up to 72 hours later!

Another thing to look at is your environment, are you working on a PC all day, under artificial lights, have you had yours eyes checked? An optician can tell a lot from looking in your eyes. Has your blood pressure been checked? Keep a diary of your symptoms.

If after all this self-help you have not had any improvement, push for an MRI.

Mable