PDA

View Full Version : Housework insentive!!!! lets play a game!!!!

Bluebird
30-09-09, 19:36
Ok, how many of you seem to have lost the motivation to do anything....housework...or just life in general?? If that sounds familiar then keep reading!!!!

We have come up with a game, where we are going to meet either in chat or msn, will see what works better....where we will then chat for 10 minutes and discuss what we are going to do for the following 15 minutes. In that 15 minutes we do small things that need doing, taking them baby steps...nothing big....but we mustn't cheat. What ever we say we are going to do we have to do....because the only person we will be cheating is ourselves. Then we come back anmd chat for another 10 minutes and so on and so on...get the jist?? I can tell you I've given this a trial run with a well loved memeber tonight and I've felt more motivated in the last hour than I have in months. :yahoo:

Come on guys lets see if we can beat this and not let it beat us!!!!:winks:

Post below if you are interested and lets try and get this off the ground!!! xxxxx

weeble40
30-09-09, 19:40
oooo I want to play please count me in

maybe the boss will let us create a new room for the purpose of,

will that be ok Nic please, we can call it how clean is your house room lol

Emms xxxxxxx

SueBee
30-09-09, 20:43
What a fab idea Claire!

I'm definitely interested as I often need a kick up the bum!!

Sue

xxx

Granny Primark
30-09-09, 21:11
Im not interested.:winks:
Ive gone past the stage when I want me home to be a show house. Now its just like a nursery with toys everywhere! But I love it more than ever.:yesyes:
Ive got a new incentive.
Stop throwing away bread and take me grandaughters to feed the ducks with it.
Much more enjoyable and less hard work.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

eeyorelover
30-09-09, 21:59
Well I'm not Nic but I think it's a great idea :)

You all can create a room for that most definitely!

hopers
30-09-09, 22:36
sounds like a plan, am on bord one hundrad percent

huggels xxxxxxxx

Luci-loo
01-10-09, 00:55
I'd love to join, but as well as housework I'd love a little nudge as well to do my CBT exercises- just now it's taking a 5 minute walk to get me out the house but I generally need a shove to get moving.

DeMac
01-10-09, 01:50
Sounds like a plan Claire - Count me in - although it may take me that bit longer than the 15 mins but i'll get there in the end lol

good post

xxx

maddie
01-10-09, 02:06
So how does this start? My house could definitely do with it.

smiley
01-10-09, 02:11
count me in on that too hun im a lazy beggar when housework is involved xxxx

weeble40
01-10-09, 09:57
Hi folks was great to see some of you in chat this morning, I really hope this is going to work

we have decided to meet when we can at 10am, in chat, we created a new room for the purpose of today, was nice to see all the willing smiling faces, if anyone else is interested please feel free to join us, I have already got some stuff done that otherwise would still be there so thanks all

Emms xxxxxx

SueBee
01-10-09, 13:14
I'm so glad I came in and joined in today. We started at 10 and decided to finish at 12 - 15 minutes doing what you need, then back to chat for 15 minutes. I achieved so much in those small time slots and it gave me a great feeling of achievement.

Yesterday I was so down and hardly moved all day and today would have gone the same I think without all you guys.

Thank you so much for the support - its an amazing idea !! :hugs:

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

Luci-loo
01-10-09, 14:16
Sorry I missed it this morning- was up nearly all night but will try to get there tomorrow morning.

t0rt01se36
02-10-09, 11:40
I took part in this yesterday and today. I feel exhausted now but am feeling pleased with myself as I am glad I've been tidying my bedroom.
Still got loads to do but glad I've got the motivation now.

Thank you all. You know who you are!:D

maddie
02-10-09, 11:59
Aww I meant to join in today. Had a bad night and slept in. Are you doing this over the weekend?

Bluebird
05-10-09, 10:39
Ok!!!! You've had your weekend off, now get yourselves back in here :whistles: LOL

Nah, just wanted to say this has been great so far and is working well for those taking part...even myself. to think I'd usually be still sat here in my jammies and not done anything and here I am all showered, dressed and about to go load the dishwasher!!! LOL

It's just giving us the the little bit of encouragement we need to get on and do a few normal things again...and it's not all about housework, like this 15 mins was for me to post on here...oh and the dishwasher of course!!! LOL

so we will be back again at 10am tomorrow morning ready and raring to go!!! Will be here for the next hour or so too this morning if you fancy popping by!!!!

Hugs claire xxxxx :bighug1:

bluesparkle
05-10-09, 11:18
oh count me in please...when im not at work ...
i used to do this years ago when i was at my lowest with a friend id made on here...
most of the time im ok now but on really tough days i cant do anything...so what a brill idea...
see you all there
rach
x

DeMac
06-10-09, 02:06
God ur bossy lol

Good to see you're making progress Claire - think you forgot to mention the dishwasher has a name - JAS lol :D

Bluebird
06-10-09, 18:09
Thanks for this today guys, I know if it hadn*t have been for this I would have gone back to bed this morning and wallowed in self pity!! As it is I had a lovely shower, got dressed and cleared and cleaned my computer desk!!

I wont be there tomorrow guys, I have the dentist...ugh! Something I*m not looking forward to, but please try and get together and do it anyway without me!!!

Hugs Claire xxxx :bighug1:

Bluebird
08-10-09, 21:23
I'll be back with you guys in the morning!!! I may be a little late as I've got the electric man coming after 9...but I will be there....house needs cleaning again!!! LOL

((((Hugs)))) xxxx