PDA

View Full Version : st jons wort

patmac
30-09-09, 21:11
hiya everyone,
just want to let you all know that i have been on st jons wort for over 6months and they are really helping me.
i have found myself in alot of situations that i could of freaked and i havent
i dont like taking medication but as these are herbal i didnt see there a problem, although i am still have o.c.d low self asteem and suffer from anxiety i would say it is alot better.
i have started going to different things with my children that i would never done before.
my weight has went up alot but i have been eating more so dont know if they make you eat more or its just me:blush: :blush:

so who knows take them for another 6 months i will be great. ditch the hubby for a newer model and life could be peachy,:roflmao: well we can dream:winks:

KK77
01-10-09, 12:23
Hi
I've been taking an AD for 6 weeks now and I'm thinking of going on SJW as they're not really helping (and I have a load of side effects too!). It's good to hear that they've helped you. Can I ask what dose of SJW you take and whether you've been on ADs before?
All the best! X

patmac
01-10-09, 12:56
hiya i was ad until i fell pregnant with my second child and then i stopped taking them the doctor tried to put me back on them but i didnt want to be tired when i had a new baby and a 2 year old.
you should keep going with the ad for a few more weeks, give them a bit longer to get in your system.
i started taking one a day for bout the first couple of weeks and then went up 2 2 for a couple of weeks and back down to 1 xxx

KK77
01-10-09, 14:28
Thanks
Yeh, I need to speak to my doc first anyway - got appointment on Monday - so see what he thinks... Been on so many ADs over the last year, and feel really fed up with it all! If it helps me and there aren't any major SEs it would be a better option. Have you noticed any SEs with SJW? X

suzy-sue
01-10-09, 14:33
Anti depressants dont work straight away ..They can take 2 months for the dose to be effective and then maybe a higher dose is required .The side effects arent as bad once youve been on them this ammount of time .The ones you do have will settle once the serotonin levels have stabilised .St Johns wort does affect people differently like all types of medication ,& they arent as effective with depression unless its a mild form .They too have side effects .Try to stick with the AD s im sure you will not regret it .I felt like giving up on them myself at the begining ,but now Im so glad I didnt ...Take care luv Sue xx