PDA

View Full Version : NEW HERE AND BACK TO WORK TOMMORROW!!!

monkey brain
30-10-05, 18:23
[:P]HI ALL YOU LOVELY SPECIAL PEOPLE. I'VE JUST FOUND THIS SITE - WISH I HAD FOUND IT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SUMMER. I'VE BEEN OFF WORK WITH FUNKY BEATS (ECTOPICS) AND A HEAD FULL OF POO FOR 5 MONTHS. GP NOT MUCH HELP JUST DISHED OUT ANTIDEPRESSANTS, WHICH I ABRUPTLY STOPPED - NOT A GOOD IDEA MAN!!! ANYWAY I HAVE SINCE CONCOCTED UP A WITCH'S BREW OF SJW, MAGNESIUM, KALMS, DR BACH, AND A GLASS OF VODKA!!!! FEELING A BIT BETTER AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING BACK TO WORK TOMORROW (NOT). HAS ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS ON HOW TO GET THROUGH THE DAY - MY SELF CONFIDENCE IS ZILCH!!! I THINK 'IT' (PANIC) WILL BE WAITING TO WELCOME ME FROM BEHIND MY OFFICE DOOR. [8)]

HELP - MONKEY BRAIN

meatybuddy
30-10-05, 20:09
hi monkey

welcome to the site and the forums - there will b plenty of ppl here that can help and give ypu very good advice - cant really help with the back to work as i work self employed and run my own buisnessif i dont feel well enough i dont work but all the work i do is mainly from home
there will b someone along soon that will be able to give you some advice

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

Meg
30-10-05, 21:36
hello MB,

Glad you are better enough to be going back to work.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

The Battle that Rages in my Head (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4149)

Let us know how you're doing

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
30-10-05, 22:16
Hi MB

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
30-10-05, 22:42
Hi and welcome, you special person lol

So, is this a brand new job or are you returning to your old one?

I would say that maybe give yourself an easy time, and set yourself some work that you can accomplish with no worries.

I did return to work after 9 months of this poo, and found it difficult ; if possible work yourself up gradually and you'll get there.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

3faces
31-10-05, 12:40
Hi there Monkey Brain:D

I can relate to your problems with going back to work....its a real issue with me. The only thing I can say is break it down into small pieces. Get through each little thing like travelling to work, then the initial getting in and saying morning to everyone, the first task of the day....everytime you get through a little piece of it, praise yourself for having achieved it. Don't feel daft if its only a small thing, those small things will build up and you'll realise your coping more than you thought you would. Feal the fear and do it anyway!!!!!

We're all here for you! PM me anytime for a chat and take care

Jem xxx

jill
31-10-05, 15:52
Hi Monkey

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

monkey brain
31-10-05, 17:55
:D:D[:P]Hello amigos. Thanks for your replies and support. Well I palpitated all the way up the M4 to work as planned this morning. Robbie Williams kept me company and it did help to sing along. Been doing this job for 10 years but felt like the 'new girl' today - felt a bit of a fart having had to take all this time out (5 months). Worse part was having to see loads of people (I'm a medical secretary in a General Hospital) and go over the same story of how I was feeling, etc. Nevermind, I made it through the day, although I now feel as if I've shifted 3 tons of coal!!! Back to the pleasure dome tomorrow for some more excitement ... ... ...

Keep on rocking - love Monkey Brain ;)[Wow!]

Look up not down. Look out not in. Look forward not backwards.

Meg
31-10-05, 18:00
Glad it went ok ...

Have a relaxing evening and congratulate yourself on how well you coped.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
31-10-05, 18:23
Welcome aboard Monkey and glad you survived the day at work.

Have a relaxing evening and good luck for tomorrow.

Nicola

Peru83
01-11-05, 15:41
welcome

Hi monkey brain, like the sound of your concoction! might just have a bit of that my self,lol[:P].

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

sal
02-11-05, 01:01
Well done for getting through you first day back at work. I bet you feel like you have never being away.

You drove there aswell and coped that is great and shows how much better you are than 5 months ago. You got so far without this site and now you have found it honestly it will help you loads.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".