PDA

View Full Version : Bone behind ear??

chrisi2009
01-10-09, 16:00
If i touch behind my ear i can feel a hard lump,but when i looked behind my ear i couldnt see any lumps
Is this just the ear bone?

sb001f8994
01-10-09, 16:12
Hi,
Ive had a hard lump behind my ear for years, since I was about 8. The doctor told my mum its nothing to worry about. About six weeks ago it came up and was very sore to touch. I came down with a bug and then the soreness went, but not the lump. Have you seen your doctor? I think perhaps it could be a gland, but Im not an expert and I can only tell you of my experience.
Take care,
Carol.

Joellie
01-10-09, 16:21
Depends where you can get spots/boils anywhere on your body and i got one behind my ear once and it didnt go down for weeks

meg86
01-10-09, 16:24
yep ive got one my doctor said it was a gland and nothing to worry about, its hard and small and on the boney bit behind my ear.

:)

charlotte83
01-10-09, 16:25
I think its just a bone because I have them too on both sides as well but one side its slightly bigger!

Ok, I'm sad and looked it up here you go!

What is the mastoid bone?
The mastoid bone is a bone located behind the ear (felt as a hard bump behind the ear). Inside it looks like a honeycomb, with the spaces filled with air. These air cells are connected to the middle ear through an air filled cavity called the mastoid antrum.