PDA

View Full Version : Ciprofloxacin the FDA and side effects! :( Please help

Wee-Mee
01-10-09, 16:47
Okay,I am always wary when getting a new medicine and I read the leaflet etc and usually see nauseas rash,impaired function etc but this one seemed more severe!

Hallucinations,drink lots of water because your urin can crystalise and all sorts..so I did a bad thing and went on wikipedia.

Good.GOD.I now think I'm going to die form the MEDICINE and not the illness I have(chest infection and the runs..sorry)

Has anyone had this? Apparantly tendon damage occurs takin this and ruptures,psychosis,the FDA kept getting new warnings on it about people's hearts and livers etc and now I am freaking out. I've only had one tablet but now I'm shaking :'(

LisaLisa
01-10-09, 17:17
Hey
weemee

Dont read those things, check with dr or nhs24 if anything happens that seems different when you take them. But really a HA sufferer should avoid patient insert leaflets because we are not ggod at rationalising risk and probabi;ity when it comes to the liklihood of serious problems occurring, but you know that luv

I used to read them too but have had to stop. Things is they are all the same...pharmceutical companies just dont want sued so they put absolutely everything that has occurred when anyone has ever taken the drugs but really those folks could have a zillion other things going on .

Throw it away luv

Lisa
xxxxx

Wee-Mee
01-10-09, 17:56
I am rather scared something happens thats irreversible. Yup..the leaflet said that too :'(

I can't bring myself to take my other tabs now but THEN I will prob worry I am getting sicker..

Bloody hell :(

lindzanne
02-10-09, 07:34
I think I was on that med a little while back. Oh God, did I panic when I read all that stuff. I spent the entire day taking my temperature and thinking my stomach was going to explode with infection!
So I understand how you feel. But they have to put that on those pamphlets to cover their butts because maybe one person in the entire world had that one problem one time, and they don't want to be liable. Believe me, you will be ok. I was. It did upset my stomach which is normal so DONT PANIC!
At this point my doctor is like, I am not even going to give you the side effects sheet, or she edits it for me so I only get the most necessary information. your doctor would not give you something that wasn't safe. I hope you take it and get well!